This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Are you looking for a fun weekend getaway? Or, do you need a break from ISU and don’t want to go home? With the Amtrak station being so close to the ISU campus and providing a straight train ride to Chicago, a concert in the city is a no-brainer. Most of the concerts are at smaller venues and some are pretty affordable… So, grab some friends and start planning that mid-semester break! Here are some concerts (of all genres) that are coming this fall!

NOVEMBER:

The weekend of Nov. 4-6

Dayglow will be in Chicago at the Riviera Theatre on Friday, Nov. 4 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are about $52 before fees, and the show will definitely be a light-hearted and fun concert. The following day, Saturday, Nov. 5, The Smashing Pumpkins and Jane’s Addiction will be performing at the United Center at 6:30 p.m. This is a bit of a switch-up of the vibes from the Dayglow show, but it will be an amazing show. Tickets for this show currently start at around $79. If these two haven’t piqued your interest, stick around until Sunday, Nov. 6 for Bazzi’s show at the Riviera Theatre at 8:00 p.m. Tickets for his show are $60 before fees. Some great options for concerts this first weekend of November!

The weekend of Nov. 17-19

Trey Songz will be performing at the Chicago Theatre at 8:00 pm on Saturday, Nov. 16! Tickets for this show are, at the cheapest, $130. A bit pricier, but a guaranteed line-up of great hits.

The weekend of November 25th-27th

On both Friday, Nov. 25, and Saturday, Nov. 26, Louis the Child will be performing at the Radius – IL venue at 10:00 p.m. on both nights. The cheapest tickets for this show start at about $53. This late-night show is 18+, so if you’re considering bringing anyone younger, beware! This feel-good music is sure to fit the weekend vibe and be a great time. If Louis the Child doesn’t fit your tastes, check out Skeggs who will be performing at Metro Chicago at 7:00 p.m. on that Sunday, Nov. 27. Tickets for that show are currently being sold for about $37.

DECEMBER:

The weekend of December 2nd-4th

Okay, this one is actually on Thursday, Dec. 1, but I had to include it. Bobby Shmurda will be at the Vic Theatre at 8:30 p.m., and if you’re lucky enough not to have class on Fridays, this show is sure to be a good one. Tickets for this show are currently starting at $60. If you can’t make it up to Chicago on Thursday, check out Rainbow Kitten Surprise on Saturday, Dec. 3. They’ll be at the Byline Bank Aragon Ballroom at 7:30 p.m. It is a pricier show at $103 before fees, but the experience will be unforgettable.

The weekend of December 9th-11th

Given it’s the last weekend before finals, you may need one last hoo-rah before the semester ends. Here are some options for you. First, on Friday, Dec. 9, The 1975 (who just released a new album) will be at the Byline Bank Aragon Ballroom at 7:00 p.m. Another pricier concert, at $157, but c’mon, definitely worth it. Or, check out Dominic Fike on Saturday, Dec. 10 at the Radius – IL at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for this show are about $45 before fees. Still not quite what you’re looking for? Destroy Lonely will also be in Chicago on Saturday, Dec. 10 at the Patio Theater at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for this show start at about $85.

Hopefully, these add some fun to an upcoming weekend for you! Concerts are one of my favorite outlets for when I am stressed or need some serotonin in my life, especially concerts in Chicago. These definitely aren’t the only options, so if these aren’t fitting for you, check out some venue websites such as the Metro Chicago or the United Center to see what other options are out there.

Hailey Langstaff

Illinois State '24

Hi! I am a sophomore at ILSTU and a Mass Media major! I've always loved writing, but in addition I love music, reading, journaling, yoga, and going on adventures with my friends!