This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Since many of us fall under the description of a broke college kid, we all know how exciting finding something at a great price can feel. As a crazy bargain shopper and clearance rank connoisseur, I have found the best local deals and bargains around town that every Redbird should know.

1. $2 Latte Tuesdays at Coffee Hound

For all my fellow coffee lovers out there in Blo-No, Tuesday may become your favorite day of the week. Located in Uptown Normal, Coffee Hound is home to fantastic coffee, tea and baked goods. As if their coffee isn’t yummy enough, every Tuesday Coffee Hound offers any medium-sized latte for just $2! You can grab a cup to go or sip your latte out of a coffee mug in Coffee Hound’s outside seating area.

2. Einstein’s Bros Bagels Refill

Any true coffee addict understands the struggle of a large that just isn’t quite large enough to fulfill your caffeine fix. A deal I didn’t discover until late in my sophomore year, Einstein’s offers an eco-friendly option to get the most bang for your buck. If you bring in your own travel coffee mug you can fill it with Einstein’s fresh brewed coffee for only $1.25.

3. Redbird Mondays

Nothing cures a case of the Mondays like a stroll down the street of beautiful Uptown. Various businesses and restaurants in Uptown offer discounts to Illinois State students every Monday when they show their Redbird ID. All businesses that partake in this program will have the Redbird Mondays symbol posted in-store verifying that they offer a special deal or promotion to ISU students. Medici’s, The Garlic Press, Prime Time Pizza and Chill Out are just a few of the business that offer a Monday deal. The promotions offered vary every month and a list of all of the companies involved is provided at http://www.uptownnormal.com/deals/.

4. Starplex Cinema

Not only does the Starplex in Normal offer $6 tickets for students every day, but every Wednesday each movie goer gets one free small popcorn! With the average ticket price at most theaters around $9, you just can’t beat Starplex’s price… Or free food. Free is always good.

April Zmudka

Illinois State

Megan Lawler

Illinois State