This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

All on the reunions of the Jonas Brothers and Aly&AJ!

Unless you have been living under a rock, you probably heard about at least one of these reunions. These two groups coming back together provides them with ample market because they already have fans to begin with. Even though these fans are at least 10 years older now, we still find ourselves buying their new music and making playlists filled with all our old favorite songs. So, here is all you need to know about their reunions, including their amazing new music. 

Also, to all Illinois State students, stay tuned until the end of the article to hear which is coming to Illinois State Springfest through the University Program Board in May 2019.

Via Google Images and the Jonas Brothers

The Jonas Brothers

Sadly, the band of real life brothers split in 2013. However, they are back bigger and better than ever with their new single, Sucker, which was released on March 1, 2019.  They announced the single’s release on Instagram on February 28th, stating that it was to be released at midnight eastern time. The band has since kept updated on Instagram, including recreating one very iconic video.

Via Instagram and @jonasbrothers

The Jonas Brothers also stared on the Late Late Show with James Corden in the week following the release of their new single doing skits, performances, and games alongside James. To see all the fun things they did with James, check out the Late Late Show’s YouTube account. If you would like to listen along to all their classic songs as well as their new single, go check out my Jonas Brothers playlist I created through Spotify. Their new single, Sucker, is also available through Apple Music.

Via Google Images and Aly&AJ

Aly&AJ

You might remember Aly&AJ from their days on the Disney Channel as well as many of their iconic songs, such as Potential Breakup Song and Like Whoa. They simply renamed themselves in 2009 to 78violet which they played under until returning to their original name in 2015. In 2017, they announced their new single, Take Me, which would later be the lead single for their new album, Ten Years, which was released in 2017. A deluxe version of Ten Years was also released in November 2018 with even more songs. Since then, they have announced on Instagram their Sanctuary Tour starting on May 1, 2019. Their first tour date just so happens to be at Illinois State University!

Via Instagram and @alyandaj

For more details regarding their performance at Illinois State Springfest alongside Voilà and Matt Hall refer to the University Program Board’s Event Page on Facebook. Tickets for the rest of their tour dates are also available now at https://alyandaj.com. If you would like to listen along to all their classic songs as well as their new album, go check out my Aly&AJ playlist I created through Spotify. Their new album, Ten Years, is also available through Apple Music.

I hope you enjoyed a recap of all these amazing reunions from our childhood. Who knows, maybe there are even more reunions to come as we go into summer (I am looking at you, Big Time Rush.).

Much love and peace

Emily

Emily Meixell

Illinois State '22

I'm Emily and I'm a junior Graphic Design Major here at Illinois State. I love to write for HerCampus because it is a place that empowers women and allows me to express myself through writing. Make sure to follow me on Instagram @emmeixell and my art account @loving.the.creative.vibe also on Instagram.
Contributor account for Illinois State