The Best Hair Products On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

After years of pampering and styling your hair day to day, you’d think you would have mastered the perfect products to help maintain your mane. But surprisingly, majority of girls are still trying to figure out exactly what are the best products for their hair- especially on a budget. Well ladies, that problem will now be solved with the ultimate guide of the best hair products on a budget!

Best Wave Spray

Beach Hair Wave Spray by Victoria’s Secret; $12

This spray with UV absorber creates loose, natural-looking waves on all hair textures for that effortlessly done beach look! Also, if you plan on curling your hair, spray it on after you get out of the shower; it helps hold curls better!

Best Curl Cream

Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel by Garnier Fructis; $3-$4

This product is the perfect solution for those crazy curls you thought could never be tamed. Most products leave your hair stiff, sticky or frizzy after drying but this cream-gel makes your hair soft to the touch while leaving your curls extra bouncy. It’s also a bonus that it’s amazing scent can be recognized from across a room; get ready for compliments!

Best Dry Shampoo

Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo; $4.74

“Not Your Mothers” is a very popular brand today that is also a very affordable price! This dry shampoo absorbs all excess oils and even leaves your hair with a lite matte finish unlike other brands. It’s convenient size also allows you to bring it on the go!

Best Heat Protectant

TRESemme Styling Aid Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray; $3.99

This protective spray can handle up 450 degrees while guarding against heat and friction. You only need 3-5 sprays for it to leave your hair shiny and smooth without the extra weigh down.

Best Deep Conditioner

Aussie 3-Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner; $3.95

After winning Allure 2011 Best of Beauty of the Year, this deep conditioner product became a hit! It quickly repairs hair due to damage of coloring or using hot tools often. For such a great price, it leaves all hair types moisturized, soft, and smelling amazing! One review from Aussie.com stated, “After about three washes, my hair was totally repaired!”

Best Anti-Frizz Serum

OGX Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Extra Penetrating Oil, Dry & Coarse Hair; $6.79

This inexpensive serum leaves any hair type soft and silky to the touch! With an extra powerful blend of Moroccan Argan, you’ll instantly notice the deep healing it does to damaged, dry and coarse hair. 

Best Hairspray

Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Spray; $3

With this product, you’ll achieve the perfect amount of volume that will never let humidity get in the way. Besides leaving your hair full and shiny, it has an amazing scent that’ll keep you wanting more!

Alyssa Ortiz

Illinois State

Celina Porretta

Illinois State