This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Even if you haven’t watched The Bachelorette this week (or at all this year), it’s likely that you’ve already seen the hysterical memes and heard the juicy gossip surrounding Clare Crowley and all of the men on this season. There was so much craziness from the episode on Tuesday, 10/27 that everyone was left absolutely speechless at the end of the two hour long show. Not only did it start off on a bad note with Yosef yelling at Clare for how she has been negatively portraying herself so far, but she also did some things during the entire episode that stirred up the pot of drama even further. At the end of the episode, we see a bit of a preview that the men threaten to walk out for a number of reasons which mainly involve Dale, and then at the end, there’s a preview where Chris Harrison tells Clare she blew up The Bachelorette with another short clip right after of Tayshia (rumored to be Bachelorette this year) appearing out of a pool. Can you say WILD?!

Courtesy of ABC/Craig Sjodin
The fact that Yosef yelled at Clare for a good 20 minutes about how she’s been disrespecting herself and him, and that she should be ashamed of herself just foreshadowed how downhill the rest of the episode was going to go. Dale came to comfort her after this incident happened, which we soon understand that he’s pretty much the main character in this whole season. The next day comes and consists of a group date, where Clare snuck off with Dale for most of the night and didn’t give the other men the time of day when talking to them in the short amount of time left. The men notice that they’re spending way more time with each other, causing them to become even more jealous of Dale and a tad mad at Clare too.

Along with the men becoming angry that she isn’t spending her time equally with everyone, they also quickly pick up that Dale is the topic of conversation every single time. After a group date of roasting Dale as a joke, Clare gets defensive over everyone making fun of him and harshly says that they’re making fun of her “fiancé”. Not only do fans have speculations that Clare and Dale talked before the show, but the men on the season also believe they might’ve had a previous relationship or connection before the show aired. It’s hard to tell since Clare says it was love at first sight with him as she saw him being her husband who stepped out of the limo on the first night, and of course doesn’t help that she only has her eyes on him each time she’s with anyone else.

Best of all, it looks like next week will actually be when this entire season is blown up and Clare leaves all of the men for good. It also means that it’s time for former Bachelor season 23 contestant Tayshia Adams to replace her in being the new Bachelorette, and everyone is very hopeful and ready for the shake up to unfold. 

Tune in next Thursday to find out what really happens in this huge turn of events, on quite possibly the craziest season of The Bachelorette ever!

Irena Katherine

Illinois State '20

Hi! I am an editor for Her Campus ISU and I will be graduating from Illinois State University in 2020, majoring in Secondary English Education. I have always loved writing and each time my article is published on HC ISU’s website, I remind myself of how lucky I am to be apart of such an amazing team!
Contributor account for Illinois State