Candles And Flowers
Candles And Flowers
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Aromatherapy is useful for people of all kinds. It can help people with getting to sleep or help people manage pain. Different scents and oils can provide different things for whatever you need help with. Many people tend to use diffusers in their home or dab small amounts of oil on their wrists to smell throughout the day. 

Lately I have been seeing ads on my social media for aromatherapy anywhere. I thought they meant the oils you can rub on your wrist, but they have come up with an alternative way to use the oils that help with many things. There are now portable diffusers that you breathe in, but do not inhale. It gives you the same sense of having a diffuse in the room with you. 

Noelle Australia
Noelle Australia / Unsplash

At first I was worried that this would be just as unhealthy as vaping or smoking, but there are scientific facts that prove that is safe and healthy for you. To begin there is no tobacco, nicotine or artificial flavors that could be harmful to your body. Many people that use the portable diffusers breathe it in through their nose and breathe it out through their mouths to get the full effect. It does no harm to the body and then reaches your senses faster that way. 

The idea of aromatherapy anywhere is to use ingredients that have been on earth forever. They use natural products that help with many things. These products have been used for years to help heal people and bring less stress to their lives. It is extremely helpful for those with Terpene Deficiency Syndrome known as TDS. TDS is when people feel more stress or anxiety, which means there is not enough necessary amount of terpene distributed in the body. 

A photo of scrabble words assembled to spell \"anxiety\"
uploaded to Pixabay by Wokandapix

The portable diffusers were invented for TDS specifically, but recently have been available to everyone. There are over 30,000 5 star reviews on the product and multiple different scents and flavors to choose from for different moods. One of the brands is MONQ. You can find all their products and more about aromatherapy anywhere one their website, monq.com.  

These products are available to any and are a decent price for those who may need a little extra help staying relaxed on a busy day. One to two uses a day will help anyone. With all the choices of products and the scientific facts to back up that it is healthy for you, I would recommend looking into aromatherapy anywhere.

Chloe Lindbom

Illinois State '21

Hey guys! I'm Chloe a Senior here at Illinois State University. I am majoring in Public Relations and looking forward to my future career. Until then I plan to keep drinking iced coffee, keeping up with all the latest reality shows, and writing articles for Her Campus. I can't wait to share my writing and part of my life with y'all. If you want even more of me in your life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! Twitter - @ChloDae Instagram - @Chlo.Dae
Contributor account for Illinois State