This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Background: 

Memphis Rapper Moneybagg Yo is back again with another album entitled Time Served. Already #4 on the Apple music charts, Moneybagg Yo came thru with another hit album that has everyone’s attention. 

Quick Facts about him: Moneybagg Yo is not new to the rap game. Signing his first record deal with Yo Gotti’s Collective Music Group (CMG) back in 2016, Moneybagg Yo has been consistent in his music career. He has dropped a project every year since 2015. Aside from his hit single “Doin too much”, Moneybagg Yo really got my ear last year with his 43va Heartless album. Few notable mentions off of that album was “Toxic” and “Wat3va I’m Wit”. Because I liked those songs, I was very pleased when he announced that he was releasing another album. 

Ladies love Moneybagg Yo: 

Moneybagg Yo is very popular with the ladies in the entertainment industry. His personal relationships have brought him a lot of media attention, helping him gain more fans in the process. 

Megan Thee Stallion- She the stallion, I’m the GOAT?

Megan Thee Stallion-  “She the stallion, I’m the GOAT”. 

Megan Thee Stallion shocked us all when the Hot girl summer captain was seen boo’d up with MoneyBagg Yo this summer. Although the two broke up, Moneybagg Yo assures that there are no hard feelings between the two. Even though I loved seeing the southern rappers together, at least they have two songs together for us to remember the relationship by. They collab’d on Megan’s Tina Snow EP with Make A Bag and left us with All Dat on Moneybagg’s Time Served as a farewell to the couple. 

Ari (@TheRealKyleSister)- Moneybagg Yo’s New Boo

Ari’s support of her man has definitely given the album more attention. With over 2 million followers on IG, Ari has been posting herself listening to the album and was the first to post a picture of the album cover with a supportive caption. One song that Ari is always dancing to off of the Time Served album is 123 ft. Blac Youngsta. With it’s catchy hook and beat, it is my fav. Song off of the album as well.

Other Notable mentions off the album include: U Played ft. Lil Baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpJVTMKhRa

U Played ft. Lil baby-With a beat produced by Tay Keith and a feature by Lil Baby, this song was a recipe for a hit. This is a song to play when the f-boys/girls got you messed up! 

“I told her get right, start acting your age

Can’t believe you tried it, b-tch, you played”

Pop My Sh-t 

Pop My Sh-t – “I think I’m the sh-t, big as it gets” 

This lyric explains the song perfectly. This upbeat song is perfect for boosting your confidence. 

My Rating: 6/10

I really enjoyed this album. Moneybagg Yo consistently gives that southern vibe and lyrical narration that makes his songs so enjoyable. Moneybagg is consistent and has been from the beginning of his career. Because of this, I believe his work ethic will be rewarded in the industry for years to come. I look forward to seeing what he does next. Time Served is on all streaming platforms. Go check it out and let me know what you think! 

Joi Adams

Illinois State '21

Hey! I am a COM major at ISU. I love music, instagram and candles! I own my own candle business at FiveSevenLit.com.  My personality is on a spectrum from Michelle Obama to Cardi B, Okurrr! Journalism has always been a passion of mine. I am so excited to be featured on Her Campus! I hope the stories that I share brings inspiration, laughter, and most of all Joy to your life. Feel free to follow me on Instagram @officialjoi
Contributor account for Illinois State