ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

6 things to get you through these last 6 weeks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Now that we’re all back from Spring Break and getting back into the swing of things, it’ll please you to know that we only have about 6 more weeks of school left until summer! For some of us that might seems like years away, so here are 6 things that can motivate you to get through these last 6 weeks of school. 

1) It’s getting warmer out! 

Now that we set our clocks back an hour, the sun is starting to stay out longer during the days. It’s also starting to get warmer! This first week back at school is already going to be in the high 50s to low 60s. With that in mind, we can start getting in the mindset of summer and being able to go outside and sit on the Quad with our friends. 

2) Fill your weekends up with plans! 

The rest of the semester is probably going to be jam packed with projects and papers for classes. To help get though that and the week in general, start filling up your remaining weekends here at school with plans with friends. Opportunities like Easter and sibling’s weekend are coming up so make sure you have plans! By doing this, you’ll have something to look forward to during the week and it’ll make the weeks go by a lot faster. 

3) Focus on your school work! 

Since the end is near, you might be tempted to not care so much or do the bare minimal on your school work. Don’t. Care about your school work and focus on finishing the semester with solid grades. 

4) Start working out! 

Since it is getting warmer and closer to beach weather, start working out! It’ll distract you from thinking about wanting the semester to end and ultimately, it’ll make you feel better emotionally and physically. Plus, it’s a good way to start on that summer dream body. 

5) Make time for yourself! 

The end of the year to get really stressful really fast. Don’t be afraid to take some time for yourself every once in a while. It’s ok to just sit in your room on a Friday night and do a facemask and watch movies all night. 

6) Reward yourself! 

After an entire year of being at school and doing papers and projects, don’t forget to reward yourself! Buy that makeup palette from Ulta, order those cookies from Insomnia, have a movie night with your friends, literally do anything you want. 

Overall, just stay motivated! We’re almost done with this school year and soon we’ll all be home enjoying the summer with our friends and family.

Sarah Baran

Illinois State '22

Hi!! My name is Sarah and I'm a senior at Illinois State. I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Criminal Justice! I love HerCampus because it gives me the opportunity to write whatever I want. I've never really had this chance before so it's really amazing to get to experience. If you want to see more about my life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! @sarahs524
Contributor account for Illinois State