This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Thanksgiving is a time to be with the ones you love, realize how thankful you are for the life you were given, and eat good food. Saying that, who’s better to eat good food with than your best friends? Whether its a table of 13 or a table of 3, get your very best friends together and have a Friendsgiving that you won’t forget. Not the best cook? It’s fine, I get it, neither am I. That’s why I have found 6 recipes that are super easy and super delicious inspired by the Thanksgiving season. So get choppin!

1. Garlic Lemon and Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts

1lb brussels sprouts, cleaned, and cut in half

2 cloves garlic minced

2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

2 tsp lemon juice

½ tsp sea salt for taste

¼ tsp black pepper

¼ cup grated parmesan cheese

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add brussels sprouts and garlic to a mixing bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and lemon juice, then mix. Sprinkle with salt/pepper and toss. aSpread onto a cookie sheet.

Bake in the oven, flipping once halfway through baking. It should be golden brown on the edges, 25 – 30 minutes total. Serve warm and topped with parmesan cheese.

2. Garlic Parmesan Knots

½ teaspoon dried oregano

¼  cup unsalted butter, melted

2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan

¾  teaspoon garlic powder

½  teaspoon dried parsley flakes

¼  teaspoon salt

1  tube buttermilk biscuits

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.

In a bowl, whisk together butter, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, and salt, then put aside.

Cut in half each of the 8 biscuits, making 16. Roll each piece into a 5-inch rope, about 1/2-inch thick, and tie into a knot.

Place knots onto the baking sheet and brush each knot with the butter mixture. Place in oven and bake until golden brown, around 8-10 minutes.

Serve immediately after brushing with remaining butter mixture.

3. Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce

8-ounce round brie cheese

⅓  cup cranberry sauce

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon orange zest

Fresh rosemary

Enough crackers for everyone

⅛  teaspoon ground nutmeg

¼  cup hazelnuts, unroasted and chopped

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425°F. Peel or slice off the top rind of the brie and scoop out a small part of cheese to form a hollow middle in the center. Place the cheese in a small baking dish. If you are going to move it to a serving dish afterward, line the baking dish with parchment paper first.

Mix the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, vanilla, zest, and nutmeg altogether. Put this mixture on top of the brie, then add the hazelnuts over it.

Bake for about 8 to 12 minutes, until the fruit looks like it is bubbling. Baking time can vary. Make sure the cheese doesn’t collapse.

Garnish the cheese and cranberry sauce with a rosemary sprig and serve immediately with the crackers.

4. Honey Mustard Glazed Ham

¾  cup brown sugar

¾  cup honey

½  cup dijon mustard

¼  cup water

1 spiral-sliced ham

Instructions:

In a saucepan, mix together brown sugar, honey, dijon mustard, and water over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves, make sure it doesn’t burn.

Put the ham in a slow cooker and pour the honey mustard and other ingredients over. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until 140°F. Serve warm.

5. Mashed Potatoes

5 lbs gold potatoes or red potatoes, diced with the peel still attached

1 cup water

1 cup butter, cut into chunks

1 tablespoon salt, plus

¾ teaspoon black pepper

1 ⅓  cups milk, warm

Instructions:

Place the potatoes, water, and butter into a slow cooker.

Add salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours.

Don’t remove the excess water from slow cooker. This makes the creamy texture better.

Mash potatoes with a masher, adding the warm milk to achieve a creamy consistency.

Keep warm on low until served.

6. Fireball Cider

Fireball

Apple cider

Real apple slices

Instructions:

Combine 2oz of Fireball with 3 oz of apple cider. Add ice and apple slices for an extra sweet taste. Enjoy!

Have a wonderful Friendsgiving this year. Remember to be thankful for the friends you have and the people you will one day meet. We are thankful for you Her Campus readers!

Colleen E Kelly

Illinois State '19

Hi I'm Colleen! Senior Communication major at Illinois State University, I love HC because it empowers women to promote women of all kinds. Follow me on social media to keep up with my articles! Insta/Twitter: @ColleenKelly97
Contributor account for Illinois State