This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As nicer weather slowly begins to introduce itself during the spring season we are more than ready to enjoy the outdoors again. What better way to do that than with a great date by your side? Whether it’s a seasoned significant other, new beau or a Tinder match, finding the perfect date spot is easy in Bloomington-Normal.

Green Gables

Green Gables is a kitschy bar/restaurant located right outside of Bloomington in Hudson, Illinois. It offers delicious burgers as well as fun scenery. Following your meal, you can take a romantic stroll around beautiful Lake Bloomington.

Starved Rock

Take a romantic hike around scenic Starved Rock. This type of date allows for plenty of time for conversation, as well as a little bit of exercise. Located about an hour north of Illinois State, Starved Rock is the perfect date spot for springtime.

Rent bikes

Now that spring has (kind of) sprung, bikes are available for rent outside of the Student Fitness Center. Grab some bikes and head out on Constitution Trail for a relaxing afternoon.

Normal Coffee Crawl

If you and your date are coffee addicts, why not do a taste test of all the best caffeine Normal has to offer? A few fan-favorite spots are The Coffee House, Coffee Hound, and Fusion Brew.

Dinner at the best spots in Blo-No

If you are celebrating a special event, then dinner at the likes of Medici or Destihl is in order. Both of the restaurants are favorites among ISU students and the menus offer something for everyone.

Emack & Bolio’s

What is nice without weather without a little ice cream from Emack & Bolios? This perfect date spot is located right in the heart of Uptown Normal. The cute gourmet ice cream shop offers a variety of treats and pays homage to some of the best music in history.

Taylor Leddin

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State