Style > Beauty

6 DRUGSTORE Makeup Products for a Natural Look or Just Lazy Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Do you ever just wake up in the morning and just can’t seem to get out of bed? That is me 99.9% of the time. I just want to say that I can totally relate when it comes to not wanting to get ready in the morning. I still do want to look put together though even if it looked like I haven’t slept for three days.

When it comes to makeup, I mostly find my ride or die products at the drugstore. Since I come from a small town, I don’t have a Sephora or an Ulta down the street. I put together a list of the drugstore makeup products I use to achieve a quick, natural everyday makeup look for those days you can’t seem to function, but want to look the part.

1. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer$5.49 at Target

Concealer is one of the BEST things ever invented (when it comes to makeup)! Concealer is used to cover up dark circles, blemishes, and any other “imperfection” you may think you have. I have always loved Maybelline products, but I LIVE by this concealer. It covers up my baggy eyes and my redness so well that it looks like I spent a lot of time on my face makeup. I don’t know about you, but I do not like wearing a lot of makeup, so when I can get away with wearing less makeup but still feel put together, I am all for it. Just grab this concealer and put it on your t-zone really quick and you are good to go!

via NiceBeauty.com

2. Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent$5.99 at Target

If you are lucky enough to not have to set your makeup with setting powder, then you can skip this step! No matter what, I MUST set my concealer with a powder for it to stay put all day. I also have very oily skin, so setting powder helps me stay matte for the day. I recently heard about this setting powder through numerous YouTube videos. This setting powder has changed my life! This translucent powder is a very light and natural way to stay matte all day without looking cakey.

via Google search of Coty Airspun Loose Powder

3. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer$8.49 at Target

Most people skip this step, but I personally can’t leave my dorm without putting bronzer/contour on. It is completely up to you! Not only does this bronzer remind me of summer because of its smell, it also does such a beautiful job blending into the skin for a natural look. If you wanted an even more natural look, you could also use a cream contour as well as bronzer. I personally like the Elf Cream Contour Palette ($6.00 at Target) for that reason.

via Ulta.com

4. Maybelline Lash Sensational (Luscious) – $6.99 at Target

Since I have such short eyelashes, I always make sure to apply mascara because it helps open up my eyes to look more awake. As I said before, Maybelline absolutely kills it when it comes to producing amazing products for amazing prices. If you are like me and like very voluminous eyelashes, I recommend the Maybelline Lash Sensational. If you like a more natural look, I recommend the COVERGIRL Flourish by Lash Blast ($6.99 at Target).

via Google search of Maybelline Lash Sensational

5. Elf Baked Highlighter$2.99 at Target

Highlighter is a good step to use to make the highlights of your face really pop and look alive. I love using highlighter on days I am not feeling the best because it helps my face look healthy! Many people do not get the full effect of this highlighter, but after watching many YouTube videos, I have found out that you must scrap the top layer of the highlighter off! I know it is very annoying, but I mean the highlighter is only $2.99 and the results are worth it!

via Google Search of Elf Baked Highlighter

6. Elf Lip Plumping Gloss $5.00 at Target

Lip gloss is a good way to keep your lips looking hydrated and elegant. Elf has MANY options when it comes to lipstick, lip stain, and lip gloss! Elf is a very good place to shop for lip products because they are very cheap. This lip gloss doubles as a gloss and plumper! I love this gloss because it adds color to my lips while also plumping them up a bit. This gloss does not make it look like that you have had lip fillers by any means, it just makes them a little perky!

via Google Search of Elf Plumping Gloss

YOU DO NOT NEED MAKEUP TO LOOK OR FEEL BEAUTIFUL!! Whether you wear or don’t wear makeup, it is up to you! Makeup is not for everyone, so a more natural look is very easy to accomplish. As a makeup lover myself, I wanted to share my most beloved DRUGSTORE makeup products to use for a natural everyday look.

Lots of Love,

Lil Boomer

Jessica Hogeboom

Illinois State '22

ISU 2022 | Elementary Education Follow me on Instagram : @jesshogeboom
Contributor account for Illinois State