This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Living in a dorm doesn’t always leave room for seasonal decorations, my freshman year I struggled to find ways to incorporate different decorations for the holidays, that were easy and inexpensive. Luckily for me and you I have come up with 5 ways you can decorate your dorm for fall on a budget.

1. A Fall Themed Mug

Picture from target www.target.com

In a house you would never see a mug but in a dorm they are usually on display by your Keurig, since it’s in plain view it easily adds character! I found this super cute mug from target for ONLY $5.00 

2. A Fall Scented Candle 

Picture from target www.target.com

I love candles! They are a great way to set any mood or vibe, and can be used all day every day! I personally have different scents for each season and one of my go to fall scents is apple cinnamon. My favorite place to buy candles is Bath and Body Works but they can get pricey, so I found this wonderful candle at target for the low price of $6.99.

3. Fall Twinkle Lights

Picture from amazon www.amazon.com

I always have twinkle lights in my dorm room and I never thought to switch them out each season, but doing so brings the fall cheer inside and brings your whole room together! Lights don’t have to be expensive I found these amazing leaf lights on amazon for $9.99

4. Add a Fall Blanket or Pillow

Picture from amazon www.amazon.com

I personally am obsessed with throw blankets and decorative pillows so this one is my favorite and is super easy. I found this cozy black and white flannel blanket from amazon for $15.99 and a matching set of two pillows for 10.89.

5. Extra Desk Trinkets 

Picture from amazon www.amazon.com

I have many useful things on my desk and the one I switch out for each season is the jar that holds my makeup brushes, its visible so it adds a hint of the season to my room. You could also add little pumpkins on your desk like these that I found on amazon for only $10.99.

Decorating your dorm for fall doesn’t have to be hard or expensive, hopefully I’ve given you some ideas you can run with!

Alexis Anestopoulos

Illinois State '22

Writer for Hercampus - Illinois State Follow my social media!! Instagram: alexisanestopoulos Facebook: alexisanestopoulos
Contributor account for Illinois State