This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

With another semester of classes being online, it can be hard to stay focused and organized (at least for me). Never will I ever again complain about walking to class! With that being said, I wanted to share my tips on how I stay motivated and productive.

Wake up Early

I know this can be difficult for people that love to sleep in, but setting your alarm early allows you to start the day off strong and allows you to get more things done like working out, doing hw, preparing yourself for class, etc. I usually like to wake up early during the week days and allow myself on the weekends to sleep in just a little bit more.

Establish a Routine

Getting in the mindset of establishing a routine is super important and it will motivate you to complete your to do list for the day. Some things I like to do in the morning when I first wake up is drink a cup of coffee and either read, write, or work out.

Take Breaks

I cannot stress this one enough. It is so important to give yourself breaks throughout the day to reset and take care of yourself. I usually like to go for a short walk when it is nicer out or walk on a treadmill during the winter. Never feel guilty to take a moment to yourself to clear your head.

Plan your Day

Creating a to-do list is super helpful for me and there is no better feeling than crossing off your goal for the day. One good way to start getting you in the mindset of planning your day is telling yourself to make your bed each morning; it will lead you to wanting to accomplish another task!

Focus on Yourself

Last but not least, make sure you focus on yourself throughout the day. Take a break from social media and make a self-care plan. This will look different for everyone, but mine consists of having a regular sleep routine, walking, and a healthy diet.

I hope these tips help you to get through this semester and it is so important to incorporate these suggestions into your everyday routine!

Contributor account for Illinois State