This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

My 2018 New Year’s resolution was to start taking better care of my skin. I have spent the past 2 months testing out samples and doing some research on what would work best for me. Samples are a girl’s best friend when testing out new products, because what works for one person may not work so well for another! Your skin can either make or break your confidence, so I wanted to share the wealth of my newfound absolute favorite products that have changed my life.

1.)  OZNaturals- Vitamin C + AHA

I put this product first because it is my absolute favorite! I have only been using this serum for about two weeks, and I can already see a huge difference. My skin is more even and brighter than ever. You can feel this product going to work as soon as you put it on! (It stings a tad because of the Alpha Hydroxy Acid.) I got this serum because I wanted to try AHA and a vitamin C serum, and this product contains both! Alpha Hydroxy is a natural acid that is found in fruits such as oranges and lemons that exfoliates the skin to lighten and even out it out, leaving it tighter and brighter. This serum is seriously magic!

2.) Mario Badescu- Drying Lotion

Okay, this drying lotion is an absolute must-have. If you feel a little zit coming, just throw this stuff on overnight, and it will be completely dried out in the morning! This product is my best friend the morning after a night of drinking if I fall asleep with my makeup on.

3.)  Kiehl’s- Precision Lifting & Pore-Tightening Concentrate

Kiehl’s has been around for 165 years, and for good reason! They use only the finest naturally derived ingredients in all of their unique formulations. My cousin, who is a licensed aesthetician, recommended this product to me, and it has drastically minimized the size of my pores!

4.) Farmacy- Honey Potion (Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask)

I do not have enough good things to say about this face mask! Farmacy is another company that uses naturally derived ingredients and has irritant-free products. This product has an exfoliating yet creamy consistency and warms as you massage it onto your face. I am a huge lover of face masks, and this is hands down the best one I have found so far! This mask smells so delicious and leaves your skin smooth, moisturized and glowing.

5.) Slice Of Nature- Virgin Moringa Oil

Moringa oil comes from the seeds of the Moringa oleifere tree, a leafy tree species native to the Himalayas. The seeds are extremely rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants and are famous for the amount of skin and beauty benefits they offer. This oil fights acne, black heads and dark spots, fights skin fatigue, counterfeits the ill effects of pollution on your skin, moisturizes the skin and hair, supplies energy and vitamin C, and more. I put this oil all over my hair and skin, and it helps control my oiliness and keeps me moisturized all day!

I always recommend purchasing samples of these products on amazon, Sephora, etc., to see if they work for your skin type before purchasing. I hope you ladies love these products as much as I do! 

Abigail Baffoe

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State