This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Everyone thinks about cutting their hair short at some point, right? Well, now is the perfect time to do it and I will tell you why.

1. You Can Donate it

One of the best reasons to cut off your hair is that you can donate it to kids in need. Locks of Love is a great place to donate hair as they make free wigs for disadvantaged children. This is a great organization to help, and you can donate hair as short as eight inches! They even accept hair that has been previously dyed. There are a few other places you can check out online just by doing a quick search (Wigs for Kids, St. Jude’s, St. Baldricks, and so many more!)

2. Promote a Fresh Start

Don’t you ever get tired of the same old same old? Cutting your hair will help you shake your life up. With all that weight off your shoulders, you can start doing everything you’ve always wanted to do. Become a new you!

3. Get Rid of Pesky Dead Ends

Everybody needs a good chop once in a while. What better way to do it than getting rid of all your dead hair? We all know, sometimes a trim just doesn’t cut it (pun intended). Cutting off eight or more inches of hair ensures your hair will be at its healthiest.

4. Easy to Manage

Cutting your hair short will save you precious time in your hair routine. It’s easy to wash and style and even looks great left alone! With a short haircut, you can finally rock your natural hair with grace.

5. Confidence

There is nothing more uplifting than getting a haircut. Sometimes all we need to get in a better mental headspace is a good chop. It’s time to strut on your way to classes and rock a new ‘do!

Now that you have good reasons to finally give in to the big chop… what are you waiting for? Book that appointment now!

Dani Hartmann

Illinois State '24

Hi! My name is Dani and I am a sophomore at Illinois State. I am currently double majoring in Public Relations and Political Science with a minor in Economics. I am so excited to be a writer for HerCampus and can't wait to share my articles! Feel free to follow me on social media: Instagram: dani.ellemh Facebook: Danielle Marie Tiktok: dani.ellemh