Style

5 Non-Floral & Non-Pastel Dresses to Wear to Easter Brunch Or, Like, Happy Hour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Just because spring is here, it doesn’t mean you have to stick with floral prints and pastel colors. You can bet that you’re bound to see a whole lot of blush pink and flowers on Easter, but let’s make sure that you don’t also fall into that trap. Speaking from a practical perspective, you should definitely also put into consideration if the dress can be worn on other occasions. Ladies, we’re adulting now, so we got to be more financially conscious. We’ve curated five dresses perfect for sitting down with your family at Easter brunch but also for twirling during happy hour.

1. Babydoll dress

The 70s called to let us know that babydoll dresses are back in style. An Urban Outfitters exclusive, this vintage-inspired dress will go well with a pair of espadrille platform sandals.

2. Frill detail dress

Completely opposite of the common pastel hue, this emerald green midi dress has cute frill details. Dress it up with chunky heels; dress it down with your favorite white sneakers.

3. Surplice wrap dress

Stripes may just as be as overrated as floral except stripes are less overwhelming. This striped wrap dress with a surplice neckline will totally set you apart from your cousins decked out in

4. Button-up dress

A spaghetti-strap dress with cute button details is exactly what you need for the warm weather. The royal blue color is the perfect alternative for the typical light blue shade. To accessorize, go with delicate jewelry!

5. Pleated dress

If you’re down to strut in a bold color, a marigold flowy dress is a right choice for you. You’re sure to shine bright like the sun with this one. Incorporate gold jewelry and complete the look with neutral tone sandals.

Celina Aquino

Illinois State '21

Celina Aquino is a senior studying finance and accounting at Illinois State University. She's a campus correspondent for the university's chapter as well as a national writer. Things that make her the happiest include groutfits and matcha. Check out "Style on the Move" on @hercampusstyle.
Contributor account for Illinois State