This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Our winter boots and UGG’s can be tucked away and put to rest for now, because spring has finally arrived! Along with the lighter layers, cute jean jackets, and fun colored tops, you need a good pair of shoes to break in the season! Here are my top five favorite shoes to incorporate into your wardrobe this spring. 

1. Platform, Platform, and more Platform!!! 

Between sandals, sneakers, and everything in between, platforms are back on the rise (pun most definitely intended). And for my fellow short girls out there this is a great advantage to really add some height to your look! My favorite platform shoes have been Steve Madden’s Kimmie Flatform Espadrille Sandals, or Sperry’s Crest Triple Sneaker.

2. Back To Basics 

A great go to that is also my all time favorite is just a basic white sneaker! It looks clean, simple, and is easy to put together with literally any outfit whether it’s sporty, trendy, or super casual. Some good go to’s are Nike Air Force 1’s or Van’s Canvas Old Skool. 

3. Fun In The Sun 

A clever and simple way to make any outfit look more stylish and fun is a fashionable sandal. Slide on sandals have been making more and more appearances in fashion trends lately, and there are some really adorable ones for some not so horrible prices! If you’re looking for a relatively cheap but still on trend pair check out shops like Target, Lulu’s, or surprisingly Urban Outfitters! 

4. A Pop Of Color

With denim and neutrals being very in this season, a colorful shoe can help add a little more flare to your cute spring outfit! A jean skirt or just denim pants with a plain top would go great with incorporating some colorful sneakers like light yellow, baby pink, or even a fun pattern like checkered! Some classic go to’s are Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High Top’s, or Van’s Comfycush Slip On’s. 

5. An Easy Slip On 

Slip on sneakers have become super popular and are also extremely easy to throw on if you’re running late to your 8am class! They can dress up a casual outfit while still being comfy and simple. Slip on shoes I’ve seen a lot of recently are Steve Madden’s Gemma Slip On Casual Shoe, or Sperry Seaside Perforated Slip On Sneakers. 

Add a little pep in your step and freshen up your wardrobe this spring with some fun, comfy, and chic shoes for all occasions!

Allie Nowak

Illinois State '22

Editor-in-chief for Her Campus at Illinois State University.
Contributor account for Illinois State