This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Any beauty guru knows that natural is best. With washes, makeup, and skin products these days having loads on chemicals in them, it’s great to have pure, natural aleternatives to turn to. So writer Alexandria Jenkins has put together a list of some of the best, most helpful, and all-natural products to add to your beauty regimen. 

1. Witch Hazel 

Witch Hazel is an all-natural astringent that reduces the excess oil on your skin. Witch Hazel creates a great acne fighter. In reducing oil, it stops acne from forming by cleaning out your pores.  Use Witch Hazel after you take off your make-up to clean out the leftover dirt and grime that gets set into your pores.  Witch Hazel makes your skin feel fresh and clean.

2.   Olive Oil 

Use regular cooking olive oil to take off your make-up. It is cheap and easy to find. Most of you probably have olive oil in your kitchen cabinets! Put a dab of olive oil on a cotton ball and use it to take off your eye make-up and foundation.  

3. Greek Yogurt

Plain, organic Greek yogurt is full of antioxidants and proteins that protect and clean your skin. Yogurt is also great for acne. Dab a dollop of yogurt on that annoying pimple to reduce the redness of the blemish. Leave on for at least 10 minutes and it should clear up. You can also use Greek yogurt as a facial mask to lighten blemishes and reduce acne. It will even help fight the redness of sunburn.

Yogurt is also good for hair! Yogurt will reduce the dryness of your hair and softens it. The enzymes in yogurt reduce dandruff and decrease that annoying itchy scalp.

4. Organic Raw Honey

Honey has a million-and-one uses. It is great for hair, skin, scars, acne and sunburns, just to name a few.  Use organic, raw, honey on a scar to speed up the healing process. Using honey on your face fights acne by drawing out the impurities on your skin and eases redness and swelling. 

5. Tea Tree Oil 

Tea tree oil is an organic supplement that is also handy to add to your beauty routine. Similarly to the treatments above, tea tree oil is great for acne. Tea tree oil can also be used to clean cuts and burns,  a vaporizer to clear your chest congestion, clear up Athlete’s foot and also to remedy dandruff and a dry scalp. 

Alexandria Jenkins

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State