This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

If you’ve gone through sorority recruitment, you can definitely agree on the fact that bid day is one of the BEST days of the year. For us, it is equivalent to Christmas, (too extreme? Sorry, not sorry). It’s exciting, nerve-racking, and for some of us – life changing!  

Here’s 17 thoughts we all have on BID DAY, from the moment we wake up to the second we run to our new home! 

**BID DAY** 

1. TODAY IS THE DAY, I’M PUMPED!!!  

2. Just kidding, I’m honestly freaking out.  

3. I’m counting down the hours, minutes and seconds. I can’t even focus in class. OMG get me out of here. 

4. I had a great connection with the girls at that house…there’s no way they didn’t pick me… How could they not pick me?!? 

5. Omg they totally aren’t going to pick me. 

6. TBH, I might be more excited to know what chapter my Rho Gamma is in.   

7. Okay fine, I’m going to “TRUST THE PROCESS!” Everything happens for a reason, right?!  

8. OMG WHAT DO I WEAR?! I HAVE TO BE AT THE BONE IN FIVE MINUTES! 

9. I see the bid day cards…I need it now. 

10. What do you mean I can’t open it yet?! THIS IS GIVING ME ANXIETY!  

11. I’m going to try and see if the writing on my bid looks like anyone else’s around me. 

12. They’re starting the countdown to open bid day cards! I’M FREAKING OUT!!! 

**OPENS BID DAY CARD**  

13. THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER, I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHO I’M HUGGING RIGHT NOW BUT I LOVE YOU! 

14. I can’t wait to Instagram. Need to change my bio ASAP! 

15. Low-key dying running to my new chapter’s house, BUT I DON’T EVEN CARE!! 

16. Totally wearing this shirt tomorrow.   

17. It feels so good to call this place my new home away from home! <3   

Recruitment brings out the best and worst emotions in everybody, but it all ends up working out just the way its supposed to! <3 Congrats to any of ISU’s new Greek life members!  

HCXO 

Ashleigh Lalla

Illinois State '18

.
Contributor account for Illinois State