13 Pinterest Boards You Need to Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Pinterest is one of the greatest apps out there right now. No matter what you’re looking for Pinterest has it. The scale of this app ranges from what costume you should make for your dog for Halloween to what fun party cocktail you should make. With that being said there are a few Pinterest boards every girl must have. (PS, if you’re not already following Her Campus Illinois State on Pinterest, check us out here!)

1. Wedding Board

It doesn’t matter if you’re single, in a relationship, or one of those it’s complicated things. Pinning and looking through multiple wedding dresses is the wildly fun. Planning your wedding I’m assuming is stressful so turning to Pinterest now will help you in the long run.

2. Fashion Board

New trends are always popping out of the blue so as women we need to stay on top of what to wear. Going on Pinterest and looking through fall, winter, summer, and spring outfits will help you stay up to date on what’s in. 

3. Food Board

We all want to cook for ourselves and let’s be real most of us aren’t the best. This is the moment you turn to Pinterest. Want to make a pink lemonade cupcake? They got it. What about a simple meal for two? It’s there. Thanks Pinterest now my boyfriend thinks I can actually cook.

4. Travel Board

Exploring the world is something everyone wants to do at some point in their life, but where do you go and what do you go see when you’re there? Go on Pinterest and pin all the places you want to go see, so then you’ll always be ready for your get away. 

5. DIY Board

This category is endless you can make a cute crafts, Christmas gifts, home décor, etc. The possibilities are endless. Also when you actually do a Pinterest DIY correctly and it looks just like the picture, you will never feel more accomplished. 

6. Fitness Board

Everyone is jumping on the workout bandwagon since the New Year is here, so if you want to avoid crowded gyms look to Pinterest. They have 30-day challenges and specific workouts for what you want to work on. This board help you reach your end goal. 

7. Home Décor Board

Decorating your room, apartment or kitchen is so much fun, and of course you want to make it cute and original. Scrolling through Pinterest you will become so inspired and you will buy a million Christmas lights to put in every room. 

8. Hair Board

If you’re looking to try something new with your hair but you don’t want to copy a celebrity, look through Pinterest. They’re so many different styles and even tutorials on how to do it so you don’t have to spend all your money at a salon. 

9.  Seasonal Boards

Whether you’re throwing a seasonal party, needing the right costume to impress Mr.Right, or you’re hosting thanksgiving for the first time Pinterest is there for you.

10. Want To Buy Board

As broke college students our wallets and bank accounts are constantly bare. So while you’re looking online at clothes you can’t afford save it to your Pinterest board. When you finally get some money you can go right to the item that you wanted. 

11. Celebrities Board

Now this can mean a board with a collection of your favorite celebrity men (I have one of Harry Styles) or your favorite fashion celebrity icon. Or you can make a mix of all your favorite celebs just for fun. 

12. Tattoo Board

If you’re like me you really want a tattoo but you’re not entirely sure about what you want it to be Pinterest is where to go. There are so many variations of tattoos all with a million meanings, it’s good to do a little research.

13. Animal Board

Owning a puppy one day is a life goal everyone should have. Scrolling through a countless amount of pictures of cute little puppies, kittens, and baby rabbits will be the highlight of your day. 

Samantha Cedano

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State