12 Reasons Valentine’s Day is Better When You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

So, its that romantic time of the year again, you know…Valentine’s Day. For some of us, that means we get all close and cuddly with our significant others, and get showered with jewelry. For others, it’s a day to drink a few bottles of wine and eat a tub of ice cream…BUT there is hope! The single girls out there don’t have to sit around and mope about the fact that we’re alone on Valentine’s Day; there is time to celebrate! Here are 12 reasons why Valentine’s Day is better single:

1. The fact you don’t have to wax, tweeze, pluck, or engage in any other form of painful preparation for your date, well that is just a gift in itself!

2. You don’t have to buy flowers or dinner, and kiss any of your hard-earned money goodbye!

3. There’s no need to worry about drunkenly embarrassing yourself because odds are, that’s what the rest of us ladies will be doing too.

4. Also, no one expects a cheesy gift from you.

5. There is absolutely no need to be a “cute” eater, you order yourself that pizza and eat the whole thing!

6. You’re actually freed up to look for who your true love is, wherever that may be…

7. Wait for it…YOU CAN FART FREELY!

8. You won’t risk being one of those couples…you know which ones I’m talking about.

9. And realistically you’re still looking for an actor, professional athlete, or prince anyway.

10. It’s good to remember you don’t need someone else. You have you. That’s all you need.

11. You’re not wasting time with the wrong person…

12. And when the right one comes along, you’ll be ready.

Gaby Kaplan

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State