10 Reasons to Follow Cute Animal Accounts on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Ah, Instagram. If there’s anyone out there unfamiliar with the social media platform, Instagram is an app in which people can share photos and videos. Unlike Twitter or Facebook, Instagram is solely for photos and videos with captions underneath. So naturally it has become the perfect place for animal lovers to make accounts dedicated to their adorable animals. Whether they are trying to A.) Promote the notion of loving and protecting our furry little friends, B.) Want to give others the chance to fall just as much in love with their babies as they are or C.) Dress their animals as famous movie stars, they are all great. So if you aren’t currently following cute animal Instagram accounts, here’s why you should.

1. *Had a Bad Day by Daniel Powter plays in background* Lets face it. Cute animal accounts on Instagram make you feel better. (Photo via @dailydougie)

2. They make you want to adopt animals instead of buy them when you learn about incredible rescue stories. Here are two adorable dogs that @roofusandkilo saved. #adoptdontshop (Photo by @roofusandkilo)

3.  You get a bunch of potential future pet names. From left to right in the photo below you have Moo, Penny, Ollie Knucks, Bella, Lucky, Kilo and Roofus. So many good names! (Photo by @roofusandkilo)

4.  They open your eyes to how much your animals really mean to you. (Photo via @nala_cat)

5. They can break stereotypes you might have previously heard about certain types of animals. (Photo by @roofusandkil0)

6. CUTE ANIMALS IN CLOTHES!!! (Photo by @nala_cat)

7.  You can relate on a personal level to some of the animals. (Photo via @marniethedog)

8. You can spend hours avoiding your homework just scrolling through their feeds. (Photo via @Noelaniig)

9.  You can get notifications whenever your favorite accounts posts, which will make you smile. (Photo via @iamlilbub)

10.  It helps you cope with the angst you feel while being separated from your own pets when away at school. (Photo via @heydognicevan)

Contributor account for Illinois State