This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Everyone loves a good Netflix binge, whether you are having a girl’s night in or you are eating McDonald’s and sitting on your bed scrolling through Netflix. Everyone always needs recommendations on what is good to watch or what’s in. This is a list of 10 must see movies.

1. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before: Two words- Noah Centineo. If you like a little action on your TV screen, this is the movie for you. Noah is like the Zac Efron of our generation. *pure hotness* Lara Jean and Peter are the internet’s favorite OTP! Lara Jean wrote five letters to guys she once loved, or still does love.*NO SPOILERS* Anyways, the letters get sent to all the guys, and the whole movie she is dealing with repercussions of the letters. There are tons of steamy scenes and lots of drama. We all love a good romantic teen movie to make you feel even more alone *lol*. 

2. The Kissing Booth: This movie has so many relatable problems that every girl has went through at some point. The whole falling in love with your best friend’s brother is so cliché, but so good! I am a sucker for romance movies and I fall in love with it more when I have experienced it myself. The fact that the two main characters are actually dating in real life is beyond adorable. This is just a great movie and the storyline is amazing. 

3. Hush: I am not a big fan of horror movies or thrillers unless the lights are on and the windows are open, but I absolutely love this movie! Basically it’s about a deaf girl living in the middle of nowhere and someone breaks in and is trying to kill her. The whole movie she is trying to save her life and it’s intense. I choked on my popcorn a few times because I wasn’t expected that to happen. 11/10 would recommend this. 

4. When We First Met: This movie is so funny and is just a great, fun movie to watch with your friends on a night in. So, we all love Bumper from Pitch Perfect- he plays the main character. He basically relives the same day over and over again to fall in love with this girl. There are so many plot twists and things you can never un see, but I thought it was a good movie.

5. The First Time: This is such an underrated movie. Two things; Dylan Obrien is hot and the main characters Dylan and Britt are dating in real life. Obviously you can infer what this movie is about from the title, but that’s not all its about. One word… ROMANTIC! I told you I was a sucker for them! It’s always much more than a kiss. Seriously watch this movie! You will enjoy it I promise. 

6. Kiss and Cry: Not many people have heard of this movie, but I highly recommend adding it to your Netflix list. It’s about a girl who has a rare type of throat cancer and she’s a figure skater. Well, the whole movie she is learning how to cope with this and still try to be a normal person and of course there is a guy involved *shocker*. The movie is just so heartwarming and really makes you thankful for what you have. A great watch. 

7. Set it Up: This movie is so funny and romantic! There are two personal assistants, one is a girl and one is a guy. They both have bosses that they cannot stand. Well the two assistants meet and come up with a plan to set their bosses up so that way they will not be so rude to them. The whole movie is just different schemes, relationships, and tears. Not going to give away spoilers but seriously go watch it. 

8. Chalet Girl: Rich guy, stuck up girl, and a want to fit in girl are the main characters of this movie. Basically the girl wanting to fit in is an ex skateboarder and she goes to Austria to work for a company. She meets a rich guy, but he has a girlfriend and we see where this is going. Things get a little heated through the movie and not just on the slopes. 

9. Sydney White: We all remember Amanda Bynes from She’s the Man who got to make out with Channing Tatum…jealous. She’s back again with her funny and goofy self. This is movie is all based on college life, but mainly sororities. Sydney wants to follow in her mother’s footsteps and become a legacy but things get heated and tension rises when Sydney befriends the president’s ex-boyfriend. Watch it to see how it ends up. 

10. You Get Me: This movie will have you sitting at the edge of your seat, biting your nails, saying, “Did that just happen?” A guy breaks up with his girlfriend and then has a one-time thing with another girl. He gets back with his girlfriend and forgets about the other girl. Well the other girl ends up being a psychopath/stalker who obviously wanted more. It’s just a romance movie gone wrong, but I think you should watch it because it’s intense from beginning to end. 

Lots of love, Lacey 

Lacey Frisch

Illinois State '22

Hi my name is Lacey! I am a freshman at ISU and I am majoring in Biology. I would like to become a pediatric physician assistant in the future! I love to sing, hang out with family/friends and binge watch Netflix! I am obsessed with Grey's Anatomy! Be sure to follow me on social media and her campus as well!! Follow my social media: Insta: laceyyy26 Twitter: laceyyy26 Facebook: Lacey Frisch
Contributor account for Illinois State