Style > Beauty

THREE BEST KOREAN SKINCARE PRODUCTS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR SENSITIVE SKINS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

For the last two years, searching for skincare products effective in soothing and calming sensitive skin with acne has been one of my daily interests. Some attempts failed but were also successful in many ways for my half oily and dry skin. Today, I have brought out three BEST skincare products below that I have actually experienced the effectiveness for treating acne.

1. ONE THING, CENTELLA  ASIATICA EXTRACT AND ARTEMISIA CAPILLARIS EXTRACT 

There was a time when my skin was covered with quite severe redness and acne, which distressed me so much. However, I must say One Thing’s Centella Asiatica Extract and Artemisia Capillaris extract was the best choice I made for my skin recovery among its various products. The brand promotes itself to provide products composed of only one plant-based ingredient, excluding any synthetic preservatives in them. There is also another benefit that consumers can create their own facial toner suited for their skin condition mixing two or more extracts of the brand. I personally experienced the utmost effects when I mixed Centella Asiatica, and Artemisia Capillaris extracts together. However, one thing to be reminded, since there are no synthetic preservatives, the products have a relatively short expiration date, six months. Also, any highly moisturizing cream or lotion is needed after usage because you may feel dryness for your skin. 

2. BE PLAIN, CICAFUL AMPOULE

Be Plain’s Cicaful Ampoule is one of its primary products noted for soothing redness and irritation of the skin by the extract of Centella Asiatica, the herb renowned for its skin recovery in Korea. Those who have sensitive skin like mine can use this product daily because its texture is so light and fresh. Even though the effect of this product described by the brand is not as dramatic as the other two products I recommended in this article, it is still worth suggesting; it plays a booster role very much well-matched with other skincare products beneficial for calming down your skin. I personally experienced the highest effect of this product when I used Houttuynia Cordata Calming Moisture Cream from Goodal together, which I will describe below. 

3. GOODAL, HOUTTUYNIA CORDATA CALMING MOISTURE CREAM AND ESSENCE 

The last product I would like to recommend is Houttuynia Cordata Calming Moisture and Essence, packaged as a set together. Goodal is one of the notable skincare brands affiliated with the brand Club Clio, consisting of many famous Korean cosmetics brands such as Periphera and Clio. Actually, Goodal is well known for its Green Tangerine Vita C skincare product series to improve blemishes and wrinkles. But I personally like to suggest the brand’s another product probably not widely known by people. Both of these products are composed of the extract from the herb named houttuynia cordata of Jeju island, known for its efficacy in recovering damaged skin and cooling down the skin temperature. I purchased this product by the recommendation of many Korean YouTubers who repeatedly emphasized how they got benefited from the usage. But I would like to say the effect can be observed with constant use twice a day for a number of weeks. Also, those who have oily skin as I do will have to be cautious not to put the moisture cream too much on their skin. Otherwise, your skin will be too oily. 

I hope this article helped individuals who are distressed with their skin problems like I did. All of the products above can be easily purchased through Rakuten, Amazon, and Qoo10, so please feel free to check!

Younkyung Jeon

ICU (Japan) '24

Hi, I'm Younkyung Jeon from South Korea currently studying at International Christian University.