My wish list for my remaining time at ICU!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

I have not so much thought about what I want to do in my 2 years. The last year for me to be an ICU student until the senior member of my part-time job workplace said to me, « Oh, you are so lucky to have such 2 years to left before you tuned to be workers in the office!«. The senior member was sad that she could not enjoy or have a meaningful time to the extent she wanted because of COVID -19

I am also the victim of the pandemic, these two years in the pandemic are tough for me though, I have another 2 years left and I try my best so that I can recall my memories of the university as a meaningful, precious, glorious time. I think it is important to what I want to do, so I will make the wishing list for 2 years. If possible, I would like to write articles on what has been done and not at the end of my university life.

01 travel around Japan(Especially kyoto and Osaka)

If my money and time permits, I would like to travel around Japan, because I want to experience and see what Japan is by myself. I think it is important to know Japan as long as I am Japanese. Also, I want to have more memories with family and friends.

02 study programmings

I want to study the basic content of programming such as HTML or CSS because I worked for a company to make a website. I want to be involved more at the workplace and I think I have to study more. Not only that, knowing what programming is useful because now that IT and AI is essential issue in this world. If I gain such skill, that experience will make my future job more glorious.

03 to be more skilled cook

I want to be a more skilled cook because I want to make delicious dishes by myself. After all, if I can make sophisticated dishes, I will spend less money on going to the restaurant. Moreover, that will gain my option to make me happier by myself, which is important in the life with the pandemic.

04 stay health

If I am not healthy and sound, this will affect everything from study to job, my private life, part-time job, and so on. I want to find my way to be healthy all time.

05 do something special to express my gratitude to my family

I believe I am at the appropriate stage of life to show my gratitude to my family because I have relatively more time to prepare something special for my parents and sister than when I was in high school and I will be busier if I will work for a company. I want to prepare something I can while I am a student at the university.

06 go and eat famous bakery in tokyo

These days, my boom is to eat bread. I know that there are many bakeries in Tokyo, and they are all cute and whose bread looks so delicious. I want to go to eat as many bakeries as I can.

07 enjoy tea and coffe

I love to drink tea and coffee. I have many wishing lists for tea rooms, teashops, coffee shops, e.t.c. Also, I want to buy some gadgets to enjoy tea and coffee at my dormitory.

08 get JOb(most imoportant)

I believe that this is the most important. I have to acquire a future job. I try my best to get a job at the job hunting next year.

Yukina Shima

ICU (Japan) '24

I am a student of ICU. Huge love to coffee and tea, Disney land, travel, home party, e.t.c.