This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

So, you’re new at ICU and you’ve been handed a boat load of brand new information that’s more confusing than helpful. You need to learn to navigate all of these unfamiliar websites as a part of your college education, but you have no idea where to start. Here’s a quick and easy guide to ICU websites and how to use them!

ICU Portal

Portal is the main website which contains all important information for students at ICU. Students can log in using their school ID and password.

Official announcements: After logging in, you will see a list of official announcements at the top of the page. These announcements are typically the most important for students to see, including information on the school’s pandemic response. 

News from office / faculty & RI: When you scroll down past the official announcements on the main page, you will see news from the Office and from Faculty & Research Institutes. News from the Office usually involves school wide news from the administration. News from Faculty and Research Institutes includes information regarding webinars and educational opportunities. 

List of links for students: These links are available through the menu on Portal.

Library: The ICU library website gives access to information on the library schedule and offerings. Many students rely on the library’s online databases to complete various assignments for class. 

Moodle: Moodle is an online learning platform used by students and professors at ICU. More details below!

E-handbook: The E-handbook includes valuable links and information for ICU students. Some key elements of the E-handbook include: guide to academic matters / course of study / university calendar / application, certification

icuMAP: icuMap contains your student profile and links to other important websites including the course registration website and your graduation requirement checklist. Each term, icuMAP will display a course schedule of the classes you are registered for. On this website, you will also need to complete several Academic Planning Essays during your time at ICU. 

Moodle

Moodle is the online learning platform used by most ICU professors to communicate with their students. 

Professors will create a Moodle module for each of their classes, and their students will enroll in the class module. You can enroll in a course by simply searching for the class by its code (ex. PHR213, LIT101). Some courses may be password protected, in which case the professor will disclose the course password on the first day of class. Through this platform, you will be able to access various resources and course materials uploaded by the professor. Moodle is also used to take attendance in classes and to assess students through quizzes and assignments. 

Maasa Yamamoto

ICU (Japan) '24

I'm currently studying at International Christian University, majoring philosophy and religion. I simply love watching, creating, feeling, and listening to something artistic, and being in nature. And my biggest dream is living in Italy someday!
Sarah Ishikawa

ICU (Japan) '21

Sarah Ishikawa is currently serving as Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at ICU Japan. She is a senior studying English and American literature. On her days off you'll probably find her at a museum, coffee shop, or just at home getting things done.