This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

If you are anything like me, you love the Christmas season, the lights, hot chocolate drinks, and spending time with family and friends. But something that gets me super excited for the holiday season is the festive movies that come out every year! Here are some of my all-time favorite holiday season movies;

Polar express

Polar Express is probably one of the most famous holiday movies. I remember watching it every year as a ritual and still watch it sometimes to get a little nostalgic. But if you haven’t watched it yet, to need to grab some popcorn as soon as possible and watch it bundled up in a blanket with hot chocolate!

The holiday

The Holiday is a great holiday season movie as well as a phenomenal romantic getaway. It takes you through the extreme opposite lives of Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz and how their worlds are headed for a miraculous change as they switch houses for the holidays!

Last Christmas

Definitely, one of the best holiday movies to come out recently! Last Christmas is so much more than just the typical, cozy holiday movie and swiftly moves you to tears. I have only watched this movie twice since its release but I have a feeling that this will remain as my classic go-to holiday movie!

A Christmas carol

If you are looking for a classic, carol-filled, traditional holiday movie, A Christmas Carol is the best choice! It’s filled with merry caroling and Christmas joy, but with a twist of learning to appreciate the true Christmas spirit.

These four movies are on my regular Christmas movies list and I can not remember a year gone by where I have not watched some of these classics. Obviously, the Home Alone series and Harry Potter are also some of the well-known holiday binge movies, but returning to golden movies like these really puts me in the Christmas spirit!

P.S. Hallmark Christmas movies are an exceptional background company!

Kavya Sharma

ICU (Japan) '24

Is always listening to music and never paying attention. But tends to get around with things :)