Life > Experiences

4 Cafes and Restaurants Near ICU Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

Since I have entered ICU it has already been two months. This was my first time moving to Tokyo and it was my dream city because it has so many aesthetic and cute cafes! However, there has been a state of emergency since April and I realized that I have not been able to go to that many cafes or restaurants! So, here are some of the cafes and restaurants near ICU that I recommend and the ones I would love to go to.

Suzie-Q in Higashi-koganei(東小金井)

This place is an American diner which makes me think of Pop’s diner from Riverdale and Baby Driver!  You can have burgers, waffles, sandwiches and so on. It is open from 7 am to 9 pm so you can have breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

TINY PONTA COFFEE in Musashisakai(武蔵境)

I am sure if you are an ICU student you have walked past it so many times. It is a coffee shop just across the street from the main gate of ICU. It mainly sells coffee beans but they also serve coffee. I have never had the chance to go but since it’s very close I will definitely go soon!

Noriz coffee in Musashisakai(武蔵境)

Noriz coffee is placed at the north exit of Musashisakai station. It serves roll cakes, fluffy French toasts, puddings with whipped cream on them! It is really popular so you might need to wait in a queue. 

Wise man coffee in Higashi-koganei(東小金井)

At Wise man coffee, they serve all kinds of coffee and tea and sweets like French toast and ice creams! I actually went to this cafe with my friend and everything was so good. The atmosphere and the interior design were so pretty and at the same time you feel comfortable so I recommend you have a nice cup of coffee and some sweets and chill!

Which cafes/ restaurants were you interested in? I hope you could find a place where you want to visit nearby since we all need to have a little something to be excited about during this covid situation too!

Chihiro Nakajima

ICU (Japan) '25

Hi! I'm Chihiro and I'm currently studying at International Christian University. I'm passionate about movies, songs, and taking photos!