Fruity Drinks
Fruity Drinks
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

3 Easy and Refreshing Summer Drink Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

Who doesn’t like to sip on a cool and refreshing drink while sitting in an air-conditioned room on a hot, summer afternoon? I know for sure that I do! As much as I love a bright summer day, it often leaves me dehydrated and craving a sweet, energetic drink. Yet at the same, I sometimes find myself too lazy to leave my home and go to a cafe and buy a drink.

So with only two weeks more left to go into the long-awaited summer break, I want to introduce you to three of my favorite summer drinks, simple and easy, to make at home in five minutes!

Watermelon Lemondae 

Everyone knows that watermelons are the fruit to eat during summer. Not only are they juicy and refreshing, the cool sensation they bring always leaves you wanting for more.

1. Firstly, scoop out some watermelons and blend them into making some watermelon juice

2. Then juice out some Lemons in a separate bowl

3. Put the watermelon juice in a pitcher before adding the lemon juice to the same pitcher

4. Add water

5. Add either Honey or sugar for sweetness (depends on what you prefer)

6. Drink with ice

Mango Smoothie 

Smoothies are great to drink during the summer. They are creamy, nutritious, and absolutely filling.

1. Put some frozen mangoes in a blender.

2. Add some banana

3. Add a splash of milk (the more liquid you want it to be, the more milk you should add)

Add in yogurt for creaminess (preferably greek yogurt)

4. For some sweetness, either put in Maple syrup or Honey

5. Lastly, add a little bit of coffee before blending it all together

Mixed Berry Sparkler

The combination of berries and soda leaves a tangy yet sweet flavor lingering in your mouth, leaving you wanting more.

1. Put some ice in a cup

2. Add some frozen mixed berries

3. Put a leaf or two on mint leaves for some refreshment

4. Finally, pour a soda of your choice (ex: sprite, or Mitsuya cider if you’re living in Japan)

Here are my three simple and easy drinks for the summer to make at home! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Maanya Choudhary

ICU (Japan) '24

Hi I'm Maanya, currently studying Media Communication and Culture at ICU. I'm from India but I've lived in Japan my entire life. I love reading and writing!