This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

Quarantine time has probably allowed you to watch some of the dramas you’ve had on your list. I have too! And some of you might create new Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime accounts during this period. Once you create your accounts and get ready to watch, here’s the question you’ll be faced with: “what should I watch first?” Here are my three favorite dramas I’ve watched since I was maybe ten to twelve years old to help you to find your new favorites!

Descendants of the Sun

Descendants of the Sun is a super famous and romantic story starring Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-Kyo, Jin Goo, and Kim Ji-won. The story is about the romance between Yoo Shi-jin (Song Joong-ki), the captain of a South Korean Special Forces unit and Dr. Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-Kyo). It’s quite difficult to explain the plot in detail but if you are seeking something unrealistic, with a little bit of action, and of course romance, you’ll definitely love it!

The Heirs

This drama is a romance story between Kim Tan (Lee Min-ho), a rich and privileged high school student and Cha Eun-sang (Park Shin-Hye), who is the daughter of Kim Tan’s housekeeper. It is kind of sappy “cinderella story,” which many girls dream of!

Playful Kiss

When it comes to introducing my favorite Korean dramas, I need to include Playful Kiss—the first k-drama I ever saw, which began my lifetime obsession with k-dramas. The story is based on a manga by Tada Kaoru. A silly and not-so-talented girl, Oh Ha-Ni (Jung So-Min) is in love with her opposite, Baek Seung-Jo (Kim Hyun-Joong) who is the smart and popular boy in high school. Through an accident circumstance, they come to find themselves living together at Baek Seung-jo’s house and they come to enjoy their high school life together! Her straightforward love for him and his attitude after they get to know each other are adorable, and after watching this drama, you’ll come to wish for a romance like thiers!

Since I have dozens of k-dramas I want to introduce, I hope I can make this a series. Stay safe, stay healthy, and try exploring new horizons of k-drama!

Yukiko Takei

ICU (Japan) '22

Hi, I am Yukiko and am currently studying at the University of Gothenburg as exchange student remotely, majoring in public policy.
Articles anonymously written by HCICU Contributors.