Taylor Swift Will Perform “betty” at the ACM Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

For the first time in 7 years, Taylor Swift will perform at the Academy of Country Music Awards (Sept.16th at 8 p.m. EST). Taylor will perform “betty” from her newest album folklore which was dropped this summer on July 24th. This will be the first time she performs one of her songs off of her newest album. folklore debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 Chart and within a week became the highest-selling album of 2020. 

Taylor announced the news on Sunday via her Instagram story saying, “Bout to show up at your party @acmawards ?” with a video promoting the award show. Taylor is a nine-time ACM Award winner, two of those being Entertainer of the Year awards. 

Taylor’s song “betty” is a part of three songs, the other two called “cardigan” and “august”, on her newest album that describes a teenage love-triangle. Taylor also used the song “betty” to announce the name of Blake Lively and Ryan Reynold’s third daughter, their older daughters, James and Inez also being mentioned in the song. Shortly after the album debuted, Taylor also released a music video for the song “cardigan”

Taylor Swift folklore
Republic

Last year, Taylor was named Artist of the Decade at the American Music Awards. Along with a heartfelt speech, she gave an 11-minute mash-up performance of songs from multiple of her albums, ending with “Lover” off of her 2019 album. In 2019, Taylor also accepted the award for Woman of the Decade from Billboard, giving a speech about her experience as a woman in the music industry. 

Emme is a Classics and Women's Studies double major. In the future, she hopes to work politics and on political campaigns. She enjoys writing on topics such as current politics, women's issues, the environment, and popular entertainment. In her free time, she enjoys dancing, singing, listening to Broadway show tunes, and finding cute pictures of Corgis.