Look Fab in Five – Easy Hair Do’s in Under Five Minutes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

We all know the feeling, you wake up feeling not-so refreshed, shuffle over to the mirror and there it is — the disheveled mess that is your hair. You don’t have time to pull out your straightener or curler and wait ten minutes for it to properly heat, then ten or more minutes straightening every last strand. Twenty or more minutes on your hair? Not today.

Good thing for you that this season’s fashion is all about comfort and effortless mess. Luckily for us, this applies to hair styles as well!

1. The messy bun.

My own personal go-to and works every time! Use a little dry shampoo and spritz of medium-strength hair spray to your hair for some texture, flip your hair upside down and loosely pull hair to the crown of your head. Twist hair into a half-bun and leave a few strands sticking out that you can pin in place with bobby-pins after. Paired with almost any neckline top this is always an easy but cute style.

2. Triple twisted pony.

Sounds complicated but is super simple! Divide your hair into a top and bottom section, then divide the top section into three equal sections, twist each section and hold with a pin after completing each section, once all three are twisted then pin together. Use a little hair spray again and do a quick tease for texture and volume to create a beachy, but put-together vibe. 

3. Low-rolled bun.

You can’t get much more effortlessly chic than with a low bun. Start with a low ponytail, part in the center and pull pony through to create a twist on each side of the pony. Next wrap your hair around your finger and use your other hand to pin the inside of the hair to the back of your head. Use a few pins to make sure its nice and secure. And off you go!

4. Waterfall braid.

Totally in with the fall season of plaids and jeans, take hold of your natural hair and try a waterfall braid. 

(P.S. If you’ve never done a waterfall braid before they can be tricky, don’t sweat! Click here for a quick and super easy tutorial for a new look.

5. Messy knot pony.

Save this one for a morning where you have less than three minutes for your hair because it’s so easy that you’re going to wonder where it’s been all your life. Just split your hair, knot, and pin! Voila!

Go to bed knowing you are going to do any one of these do’s and you can count yourself having an extra ten or minutes of snooze time and still look great…who doesn’t want that?