Fun and Fabulous Things to do Before Snow Falls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Now that December is here, the air is getting crisper and the trees look bare. As soon as the dropping temperature brings white fluffy snow with it, some of our favorite activities to do in the Finger Lakes region will become a little more difficult, so make sure to check out these cool places before its too late!

1.  Are you a hiker? Into nature walks? Visit Watkins Glen State Park, where you can you can walk along the gorge path that weaves through nineteen different waterfalls and 200-foot cliffs.

2.  Take a stroll by the lake and visit the Bozzuto Boathouse before the snowfall masks the beautiful view. If you are an early riser, wake up to see the sun rise over the lake one morning.

3.  Hungry for some local foods? Stop by the F.L.X. Weinery in the heart of the Finger Lakes Wine Trail on your way to Watkins Glen. A comfortable hang out for locals and visitors, the F.L.X. Weinery offers a variety of hot dogs, french fries, sausages, and burgers that you can enjoy along with delicious milkshakes. You can even buy one of their hilarious T-shirts to show your Weinery pride. 

4.  Are you feeling a little road trip? Grab a group of friends and head to Skaneateles, New York for some shopping and fun! This adorable town sits right on Skaneateles Lake, one of the Finger Lakes just like Seneca! Located just under an hour from HWS, you can spend the day shopping and eating your way through town. 

5.  Take a walk into downtown Geneva and hop onto the ice with your friends at Geneva Recreation Complex Ice Skating Rink! Public skate is Friday and Saturday nights 7-10 and Sundays 12:30-3. Skate rentals are only $3! This is a great place to laugh with your friends and go on dates!

Photo Credit: [1], [2], [3], [4], [5]

Julia Sipos is a senior at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS) double majoring in International Relations and Spanish & Hispanic Studies with a minor in the Writing Colleague Program. While Julia is a contributor to Her Campus at the Colleges, she is also a Writing Fellow and the president and founder of the HWS Figure Skating Club, which hosts seven events throughout the semester open to any students on campus who want to learn how to skate!