This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

“Every path you take leads to another choice. Some choices can change everything…Every moment for the rest of your life hangs on them.”

Life is unexpectedly beautiful. Inevitably, there are hardships we all go through at some point in our lives, but what we often take for granted is the freedom each of us have. I say this because life is made up of the choices we make, whether they are good or bad. In the moment, we think choices that turn out great are the only ones worthwhile; however, sometimes the wrong choices we make in our lives are the ones that bring us exactly to where we’re supposed to be.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, but trusting this theory did not come naturally. I had to be knocked down multiple times and climb my way back up to understand that the world was not out to get me — that it “hated me.” How to get to this point was simply this:

Accept the negativeness with open arms, because it is just a bump in the road from the overall journey.

No matter how tough life may get at the moment, know that it is only temporary. That is the good thing about choices — We have the opportunity to choose how to handle the situation, and in larger terms, our entire lives. With that being said, try something new, talk to that guy you’ve been crushing on all semester, study for that exam (or don’t), introduce yourself to new people, etc. The world is yours, so take it by storm.

Brianna is a current student at Hobart and William Smith Colleges where she is majoring in architectural studies and double minoring in European studies and art history. Her love of academics came about when she traveled around Europe and fell in love with both the history and design. Follow Brianna's journey in New York while she is trying to find her fairytale ending.