Campus Cutie: Walker Ward ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

This fun-loving junior loves Varsity Club Ice Hockey, enjoys Saga sitting everyday during the week and aspires to one day date Taylor Swift. Meet Walker Ward, Her Campus HWS’s campus cutie of the week!

The Basics:

Name: Walker Ward

Year: Junior 

Major: English, Spanish, Theater

Hometown: Princeton, New Jersey 

Activities: Theater, Club Varsity Ice Hockey [Starting Goalie ;)], Club Lacrosse, Admissions Tour Guide, Professional Saga Sitter, mani-pedi parties with the girls..   

Interested In: Girls

Relationship Status: Single

Describe Yourself in Three Words: Fluid (I don’t need the other two).

Celebrity Crush: Bradley Cooper

“Favorites”:

Place to Party: Local Arby’s

Place on Campus: JPR

Place in Geneva, New York: Hampton Inn Lobby

Type of Food: Mac’n’Queso

Sport: Varsity Club Hockey

Accessory: ‘Aqua Fresh’ Old Spice Deoderant

Brand: Generic Walmart

Cologne: Polo Black

TV Show: One Tree Hill (Brucas over Pucas)

Movie: Miracle

Favorite class at HWS: Avian Persuasion (Birding)

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

Walker: Personality.  I like a girl who is fun, energetic and is willing to drop everything at any time and dance. (I’m an incredible dancer). 

HC: What is your idea of the perfect date in Geneva, New York?

Walker: Five course meal at Ponderosa.

HC: What is something that most people do not know about you?

Walker: When I was younger I was afraid to eat, sleep and breathe at different points in my life. (My psychiatrist Dr. Nishiwala helped me move on). 

HC: How do you feel about being nominated as a Campus Cutie?

Walker: I am honored…mainly because I mostly get friend-zoned by every girl I speak to and this reassures me that there is still hope.  

HC: What do you hope to accomplish before you graduate?

Walker: A degree.

HC: What is something that is on your Bucket List? Have you ever accomplished anything on it?

Walker: Streak at the Super Bowl. Date Taylor Swift. Win an Oscar. 

HC: Do you have a motto that you live by?

Walker: “He wasn’t with me ballin’ in the gym.” &” Carpe Diem, Seize the Carpe.”

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Walker: Senior year. 

HC: What was your worst date?

Walker: I went on a tinder date over Thanksgiving break this year. 

HC: What are you involved in on campus and what are you most proud of?

Walker: I am a tour guide, play multiple club sports and I do theater.  I am most proud of being crowned Mr. Congeniality my freshman year in the Mr. Hobart Pageant. 

HC: What do you want to be remembered for in your time at HWS or your life in general? 

Walker: My Poetry.

HC:  Do you have any hidden talents?

Walker: No. I hide nothing. 

Julianne is junior at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS), where she is pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, with a double minor in Media & Society and the Writing Colleagues Program.  In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, Julianne is also a Writing Colleague on campus, and is the Publicity Chair for HWS Votes.  She is obsessed with her dog, Joelle, and loves to follow politics.  She hopes to one day work for a major news outlet that focuses on government and politics.