Campus Cutie: Mike Lucas ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

This athletic senior is involved all over campus and has an impressive future ahead. Meet Mike Lucas! 

The Basics:

Class Year:  2015

Majors:  Economics and Public Policy

Minor:  English

Hometown:  Pittsburgh, PA

Activities:  Hobart Soccer,  Intramural Volleyball, Admissions Tour Guide, TDX

Interested In:  Women

Relationship Status:  Single

Describe yourself in three words:  Friendly, Caring, Hairy

Celebrity Crush:  Ed Sheeran

“Favorites”:

Place to Party:  Soccer House aka The Stable

Food:  Anything my Grandma makes

Movie:  Pulp Fiction

TV Show:  The Office

Song:  That Was a Crazy Game of Poker by O.A.R

Place at HWS:  Soccer Team Room

Place in Geneva:  Geneva Public Library

Class at HWS:  Environmental Economics

HC: How do you feel about being nominated as Campus Cutie?

ML: Very surprised but absolutely honored.  I would like to thank my family, friends, and God for this opportunity. 

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

ML: I’m really just looking for someone who I can be myself around.  Being interested in sports or fitness is also a big plus for me. 

HC: What’s your idea of the perfect date in Geneva?

ML: I have actually never been to Watkins Glen so I would want to check that out before I graduate.  Also, we would definitely have to go to Ports for dinner since it has the best food around.  

HC: What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?

ML: Not sure if this counts as a date, but when I was in 7th grade I was watching TV with my girlfriend and her parents, and we were looking for something to watch.  I saw that Office Space was on and suggested that we watch that.  Big mistake.  It was the part where it kept repeating “Lumburg F***ed her” over and over for about a minute straight.  I wasn’t allowed to pick what movie to watch after that. 

HC: What are you involved in on campus and what are you most proud of?

ML: I just finished my final year as a member of the Hobart Soccer team, I’m in the TDX fraternity, and I also work for admissions.  I am probably most proud of being a tour guide because I love meeting new people and helping families make the difficult decision about where their son or daughter should attend college. 

HC: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you?

ML: I write left-handed but do every sport right-handed except bowling and ping-pong for some reason.

HC: Is there anything on your bucket list?

ML: I’ve always wanted to go sky diving, but I definitely could not do it alone.  Also, even though it might make me sound old, I want to attend the Masters or a derby English Premier League Soccer match.

HC: Do you have any plans for after graduation?

ML: Fortunately, I do.  I will be working as a Sales Associate at Markit in New York City starting in early June.  (I have no idea where I’m going to live though and could use some suggestions.) 

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

ML: I have no idea, except that it will be with a beautiful wife, three kids, and a dog.

HC: Who is your role model? Why?

ML: I’m going to give you two and say my parents.  If I could grow up to be half the man and father that he is, I’d be happy.  My mom is also amazing and has always been there for my sisters and I. 

HC: What’s one piece of advice you have for first year students?

ML: Remember that this is one of the few times in your life that you will be surrounded by some of your best friends for the majority of the year with a tremendous amount of freedom.  Enjoy it! Also, don’t eat the cheesesteak at Saga!  I made this mistake freshmen year and have regretted it ever since.

HC: What do you want to be remembered for at HWS?

ML: I just don’t want to be remembered as THAT guy.  As long as I left a positive impact on a few people at HWS I’ll be happy.