Campus Cutie: Micaela Carney ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Class Year: 2018

Major: Spanish and Hispanic Studies

Minor: Math, Education and Public Policy

Hometown: Pittsford, NY

Activities: WS Congress, Relay for Life, Sophomore Class President, Teacher Education Program, Admissions Student Worker, Laurel Society, Chorale, Hope House

Interested In: Men  

Relationship Status: very single

Describe yourself in three words: Faithful, Upbeat, Nice

Celebrity Crush: Blake Lively. I’m straight, but I mean… BLAKE LIVELY.

“Favorites”:

Place to Party: Hope House       

Food: Raspberries and non-dairy chocolate (I’m allergic to everything)

Movie: If I’m feeling emotional, Titanic. Otherwise, Tangled.

TV Show: Grimm

Song: Miss New Booty

Place at HWS: Second floor of the Silent Room in the third cubicle

Place in Geneva: Char Burrito Bar

Class at HWS: My Spanish Classes

Perfume: au naturel

Questions:

HC: How do you feel about being nominated as Campus Cutie?

MC: A little shocked, but definitely honored!

HC: What do you look for in a guy?

MC: I look for someone who makes me laugh and will appreciate my silly jokes and my attempt at being funny. I want someone who is driven and motivated about their own goals and someone who pushes me to be better!

HC: What’s your idea of the perfect date in Geneva?/ dream date?

MC: If someone planned any sort of date for me and surprised me with a fun night out, that would be great! I’m not one for cheesy romantic things so just something simple. Really any date at all would be appreciated.

HC: What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?

MC: Never had a bad date… because I haven’t been on one since 10th grade.

HC: Dream vacation spot?

MC: Bora Bora. This pale skin needs some sun.

HC: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you?

MC: I actually know everything about Susan Boyle’s Britain’s Got Talent audition tape. I could literally give you a play by play of every word, action or facial expression. Feel free to stop me on campus and ask me about this one.

HC: What are you involved in on campus and what are you most proud of?

MC: The two things I’m most proud of are being involved with WS Congress and serving as Class President for two years. I have gotten to meet so many amazing people from not only from my class but also all around campus, who I otherwise might not have gotten to know. Also, I love working Reunion because I am able to share my love for this great place and give back to the school that has already given so much to me.

HC: Who is your role model? Why?

MC: My role models are my parents because they have inspired me to follow my dreams and are very supportive of anything I want to do. They have taught me morals that I hope to carry with me for the rest of my life. I am grateful that they continue to support and encourage me in whatever I chose to do.

HC: Is there anything on your bucket list?

MC: To go to Australia (which I am actually doing next Winter), and Skydiving

HC: What do you want to be remembered for at HWS?

MC: I hope I am remembered as someone who always gave 110% in everything I did and as someone who was always friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. I really hope I can leave a mark and make a positive impact on at least one person. And also for being a Campus Cutie.

HC: What’s one piece of advice you have for first year students?

MC: Don’t be afraid to go outside of your comfort zone! Try to get involved with an activity or club that you might not have otherwise. I pushed myself to participate in many new events and have made so many great friendships and memories out of it.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

MC: I would like to be either teaching high school Spanish or maybe working as an administrator at a high school. I really want a big family so hopefully will be starting a family by then. I hope that I am happy, healthy, and appreciating each moment as they come. But really, ten years is pretty far so I’m pretty open minded about the future.