Campus Cutie: Jonah Salita ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Our Campus Cutie this week is Jonah Salita ’19. Jonah is an active member of the Hobart and William Smith Campus. Read on to learn more about Jonah and his interests!

Basics

Name: Jonah Salita

Year: 2019

Major: Economics and Media & Society

Minor: English

Hometown: Minnetonka, MN

Activities: Hobart Tennis, BAC, Food Committee, SAAC President, SAA Student Representative, Communications Student Representative, Orange Key, Chimera Society, Chapter Editor Sigma Chi

Interested In: Females

Relationship Status: Single

Describe Yourself in 4 Words: Charismatic, confident, positive, and communicative

Favorite

Place on Campus: Bozzuto Boathouse

Place in Geneva: Monaco’s Coffee

Movie/Tv show: Mad Men

Color: Orange

Food: Brownies

Class: Creative Writing

Random

MQ: What quote do you live by and why?

“Live in color.” I made this quote when I was 13. I really wanted to make an original motto. I like colorful things so I made this motto with the intent of acknowledging that life is vivid and dynamic.

MQ: Where do you see yourself in 10-20 years?

I hope to be the Chief Creative Officer of an advertising agency. Hopefully I will be married, potentially with kids.

MQ: If you could spend the day with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?

Logic, he is my favorite rapper. I’ve met him 3 times already so it would be fun to spend a full day with him

MQ: If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?

Riomaggiore, Italy.

MQ: What is something most people on campus don’t know about you?

I really like to sing.

MQ: Do you have a story that you’d care to share with us all?

Pat, another guy on the Hobart Tennis team and I were at the Active Formal. It was raining so we didn’t want to wait for shuttle back to campus. So, Pat and I jogged 3.5 miles, got a slice at Marks, and still beat the shuttle back to campus. So we literally ran from club 86 to campus. We were just flying.

MQ: What’s your ideal first date?

Take her to a really nice restaurant. When she goes to the bathroom after dinner, I would pay the tab, and have dessert waiting for her. After, I would love to slow dance under the stars.

MQ: How do you feel about being nominated as a Campus Cutie?

I’m especially honored. I know I was nominated by a friend so I feel very inclined to nominate someone in the future.

MQ: What would you like to be remembered for?

Making the world a better place and making other people smile.

If you see Jonah on campus be sure to say hi, and be sure to cheer him on at upcoming Tennis Matches. Also, check out his photography on instagram @jonahsalita

If you would like to nominate our next Campus Cutie, email meghan.quint@hws.edu!

Meg Quint is a first year at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. She plans on majoring in biochemistry with a minor in LGBT studies. Meg plans on earning a to medical degree (M.D.) after graduating from HWS. On campus, Meg participates in the health professions club, the Pride Alliance, and she works in admissions exposing potential students to all HWS has to offer. Meg has always enjoyed writing, meeting new people, and celebrating her peer's achievements. She believes HerCampus will allow her to combine all of these passions resulting in exciting articles for your reading pleasure!