Campus Cutie: Jade-Ashley Thomas ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

This sassy sophomore originally hailing from Jamaica is a Snapchat QUEEN and hopes to one day accomplish Saga sitting for 12 hours straight. You could probably find her in her favorite place on campus, Hubbs, at Ichiro, or maybe even partying in the ‘third tier’. Boys, she is single and ready to mingle, so watch out! Meet our very first female Campus Cutie, Jade-Ashley Thomas!

The Basics:

Name: Jade-Ashley Thomas

Year: Sophmore

Major: Public Policy, Writing and Rhetoric

Minor: Media and Society

Hometown: Kingston, Jamaica and Nassau, Bahamas

Activities: Lip-synching to Hini music, making famous snap-chat videos, blogging, drawing, stippling art and Saga sitting

Interested In: Men

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle ;)

Describe Yourself in Three Words: Funny, Flawless and Fly 

Celebritie Crush: Beyoncé and Henry Cabill

“Favorites”:

Place to Party: Third Tier Saga

Type of Food: Jamaican

Place on Campus: Hubbs

Place in Geneva: Ichiro

Accessory: My Pandora bracelet and MK watch.

Cosmetic: I love Mac cosmetics, but I can’t go anywhere without my lip gloss/lipstick!

Clothing Brand: I’m not very preppy so I go for Forever 21 and H&M.

Perfume: Daisy by Marc Jacobs

TV Show: House of Cards, Game of Thrones, True Blood, Korean show about babies, re-runs of Rugrats and Flavor of Love

Movie: Bridesmaids, The Polar Express, Boy In the Striped Pajamas, Never Let Me Go, Revolutionary Road and White Chicks

HC: How do you feel about being nominated as our first female Campus Cutie?

JT: I knew it was bound to happen!

HC: What do you look for in a man?

JT: *sits up and clears throat* . . . He has to be well-spoken, educated, funny and charming. I won’t accept anything less than perfection. 

HC: What is your idea of the perfect date?

JT: I am a really simple person. A casual dinner and a movie would be ideal. 

HC: What was your worst date?

JT: In my old school, with a graduating class of fifty-two people, who were all Pokemon obsessed, the word “date” was not understood.

HC: What did you do this last Valentines Day?

JT: All of my single lady friends and I ate cheesy bread together after a good night of celebrating our friend’s birthday. We all bonded over the fact we were each other’s significant others.

HC: Do you have any hidden talents?

JT: I can sing, knit, and I’m double jointed.

HC: Is there anything else that most people do not know about you?

JT: I was born in Jamaica and lived there for six years. Next I moved to the Bahamas for eight years and finally Queens, NY for five years. I am a true island gal!

HC: Who is your role-model?

JT: My grandmother. She passed from leukemia about eight years ago. She taught me how to be happy regardless of how bad circumstances were.

HC: What is your spirit animal? Can you explain why?

JT: I just finished an online quiz on this! I’m a rooster because I’m a traditionalist . . . I personally think it’s just because I’m loud. 

HC: We heard that you are known as a Snapcht queen on this campus. How did this evolve?

JT: My friends finally persuaded me to download Snapchat even though at first I did not get the point of it. I finally had an epiphany that I could use Snapchat to broadcast my humor to everyone. However, soon I realized that my friends could take screen shots and save these moments forever…which comes back to get me sometimes. This being said, I feel honored to hold this title. 

P.S. Add me at jadeashxox

HC: What is something that is on your Bucket List? Have you ever accomplished anything on it?

JT: I want to go back to Africa and learn more about the motherland. I would also like the opportunity to travel somewhere on the opposite side of the world like New Zealand. I think it would be amazing to be immersed in a different culture.

HC: Do you have any plans to go abroad?

JT: I would love to go to Scottland. I have never traveled to Europe before and would love to see how it differs from the places I grew up.

HC: What do you hope to accomplish before you graduate?

JT: I honestly have not thought that far. I like to live in the present. I would like to join more groups on campus. Additionally, I would like to spend twelve hours Saga sitting.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

JT: I hope to be in a well-paid job that I enjoy and settled in my own house.

HC: What do you want to be remembered for?

JT: Making people happy and the good memories they will have for years after college.