Campus Cutie: Emily Smith ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Hobart and William Smith’s Campus Cutie of the week is Emily Smith! Emily is currently a Junior at HWS. A Biochem and Global Health double major, Emily knows how to work hard and play hard. Get to know more about our Campus Cutie by reading about her interests both at Hobart and William Smith and off campus.

The Basics

Name: Emily Smith

Year: 2018

Major: Biochem and Global Health

Hometown: Buffalo, New York

Activities: 3 Miles Lost, Organic Chemistry Research, Residential Assistant, Eco Rep, Safe Harbors Volunteer

Interested In: Men

Relationship Status: Taken

Describe Yourself in Three Words: rainbow, sprinkles, enthusiast

Favorite

Place to Party: Sill Porch

Place on Campus: The docks

Type of Food: I am lover of all foods. Some of my favorites include mint-chocolate chip ice cream, Indian, and Thai. Basically anything with curry or rainbow sprinkles.

TV Show: Well, Breaking Bad was the greatest show of all time. Also Grey’s Anatomy – pre Derek’s death.

Movie: Good Will Hunting

Favorite Class at HWS: Politics of Health with Jessica Hayes-Conroy. It was the first class I took here that made me feel like I could create my Global Health major.

HC: How do you feeling about being nominated as Campus Cutie?

ES: lol. I am so honored and honestly, a little nervous about this interview. This is a big deal!

HC: What is your idea of the perfect date in Geneva, New York?

ES: It would be a warm summer evening. I would like to stroll to The Red Dove Tavern with my boo-thang. Dinner would be followed by a bottle of dry Rosé on the docks.

HC: What is something that most people do not know about you?

ES: I frequently wear an Albert Einstein t-shirt.

HC: Who is your role model?

ES: I would have to say Jane Goodall. She did so much for chimpanzee conservation.

HC: If you could travel to any part of the world where would it be?

ES: Portugal, to visit my friend, Monika in her future beach villa.

HC: Do you have a motto you live by?

ES: “Live fast, die young. Bad girls do it well.”

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

ES: At that point in my life, I will have specialized in infectious disease after finishing medical school at Georgetown. I hope to have two dogs – a golden retriever named Beef and a Bernese Mountain dog named Brew. I will be working part-time in the States and spending the rest of my time abroad. I will be living fast, but not dying young.

HC: What’s your most embarrassing moment?

ES: I never do anything embarrassing.

HC: If you could hang out with anyone in the world for a day, living or dead, who would it be?

ES: The entire Buffalo Bills team. HOW BOUT DEM BILLS?!

HC: What is something on your bucket list?

ES: I want to travel everywhere.

HC: What do you want to be remembered for at HWS?

ES: That’s a hard question. I want to be remembered for being Her Campus’s Campus Cutie.