Campus Cutie: Addy Fowle ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

This hilarious, adventurous, soccer fanatic and life loving first-year hailing from Westport, CT can’t wait to tell you all about why she left school early once in first grade (and why it still scars her to this day) and where she can’t wait to travel back too! Meet Addy Fowle, this week’s Campus Cutie!

The Basics:

Name: Addy Fowle

Year: 2019

Major:  Undecided but interested in Education, Social Justice and Political science

Hometown: Westport, Connecticut

Activities: Intramural soccer and club soccer

Interested In: Men

Relationship Status: Single as a Pringle

Describe Yourself in Three Words: Amazing, incredible, and modest

Celebrity Crush: Selena Gomez

“Favorites”:

Place in Geneva: Joes Hots

Place to Party: Hirshson, duh

Type of Food: Garlic Bread or Potatoes

Sport: Soccer  

Accessory: My necklace, it means “balance.” I got it on my 18th birthday from my Mom

Perfume: Chance by Chanel

TV Show: Parks and Recreation

Movie: Men in Black

Place On Campus: My room

Favorite Class of your First Semester at HWS: Intro to Comparative World Politics mostly because of Professor Stacey Philbrick-Yadav

Enough of the small talk, meet Addy Fowle!

HC: How do you feel about being nominated as Campus Cutie?

AF: It’s an honor. A privilege. My heart soars. It’s good to be finally appreciated.

HC: If you could travel to any part of the world where would it be?

AF: Kenya. I lived there for a month three years ago. I miss my friends from there, it’s the most beautiful place in the entire world and I am dying to go back!

HC: What is something on your bucket list?

AF: Besides going back to Kenya, I really want to go to Europe. I’ve only been there once, I had a layover in London and Paris on my to and back from Kenya! Really anywhere outside the U.S.

HC: Do you have a motto you live by?

AF: What ever will be will be. My Grandma used to sing that me when I was little. From the song Que sera, sera. She is goals.

HC: Who is your role model and why?  

AF: My cousin, he just got diagnosed with epilepsy but is so incredibly positive. Anytime I am freaking out about sh*t he always knows how to calm me down and have a positive outlook.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

AF: I know I want to be Mom, but I don’t know what else.

HC: What is your most embarrassing moment?

AF: In first grade I was really excited that I got to hand out the mail in our classroom. I had to pee really bad but I didn’t go to the bathroom so I peed my pants in front of my whole class. I had to wear a jumper without any pants and the whole class carried me on their shoulders for the whole day. It was weird, I had my mom come get me. I still think about it!

HC: Do you have any hidden talents?

AF: I am really good at whistling!

HC: What is the worst date you have ever been on?

AF: One time I went out to breakfast with my former boyfriend and after he let me do donuts in his car. I didn’t have my license, I crashed into a basketball hoop and it was really awkward. He still has the dent in his car to this day.

HC: What is something most people don’t know about you?

AF: I have really bad anxiety, it’s 50% of the reason why I never do my homework. It makes me so nervous to the point where I never do my work when I should be.

HC: Where is your favorite vacation spot?

AF: Anywhere in California, a lot of my family lives there.

HC: What made you chose HWS?

AF: My parents went to St. Lawrence and they loved how it’s a small liberal arts school in upstate New York. So I looked into small liberal arts school in New York too and I came across HWS and really loved it!

HC: Have you had any “freshman” moments on campus yet?

AF: On the first day of classes I walked into the wrong classroom! 

HC: What do you hope to accomplish before the end of your first year at HWS?

I hope to make more new friends!