kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Artist Watch Summer 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

1.Kai

Not far from Hobart and William Smith colleges, Kai crossed her way from Canada to America. Her voice can be heard in Flume’s “Never Be Like You” and Skrillex’s, “Mind.” The 25 year old singer-song writer deserves attention on a drive to the beach with the sunroof open and good vibes flowing.

2. Joel Adams

Having his first major break through on Australia’s X-Factor, comes 19 year old Joel Adams. The best part about him being a young adult is that you’ll be able to follow and watch him grow as an artist. He has already hummed his way through YouTube charts with his first single “Please Don’t Go”. WARNING: his signature humming is insanely relaxing.

3. The Strumbellas

Canada strikes again as they introduce a new band to America. For those ears that prefer indie rock and alternative tunes, turn to the Strumbellas! Their hipster vibes are perfect for a cheery Sunday morning. Their upbeat and most popular song “Spirits” will literally get your spirits up and running.  

4. Dagny

Dagny is a “songbird from the north of Norway” who whistled her way into Spotfiy’s most listened to Pop/Folk artists. With over a million monthly listeners, Dagny is bound to fit your roadtrips playlist. In “Backbeat” she uniquely uses a 1960’s recording style to give her voice a raspy twist. If she ever performs in America, she will 100% be at Coachella.

5. Stanaj

From America, comes a very tall 20 year old boy with a set of vocal cords that will simply leave you speechless. Stanaj has yet come out with any of his own songs, but is expected to make his first huge summer debut at Coachella. Hopefully by then he will have some jaw dropping hits that will have you wanting more. Fingers crossed for some duets with our favorite popular artists. Cough Cough Justin Bieber Cough.

6. Birdy

Perhaps you aren’t familiar with the 19 year old artist Birdy. Worst-case scenario if you have never been graced with her music. It is time to update your playlists and add every song. Birdy’s songs fit various types of moods and genres. Whether you are looking for a pump up song to go out, a way to distress and relax, or to get creative juices flowing, she will sing her way through your preferences. 

Avid thrifter. I probably got it from my grandma's closet too.