Aaron Donahue ’18 Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Basics

Name: Aaron Donahue

Year: 2018

Major: Biochemistry

Minor: Theater

Hometown: Stewartsville, NJ

Activities: Hobartones, acting, League of Legends

Interested In: “Whoever is cute”

Relationship Status: Happily taken

Describe Yourself in 3 Words: I don’t know.

Favorite

Place on Campus: The Chapel to sing by myself.

Place in Geneva: Behind the bar at Beef and Brew.

Movie/Tv show: New Girl and Parks and Rec as a close second. 

Food: Sushi

Class: Acting II

Random

MQ: What quote do you live by and why?

“’An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.’ Hate only makes more hate. While the high road is not always easier, it helps me sleep at night.”

MQ: Where do you see yourself in 10-20 years?

“No idea, but I hope I’m happy with at least one dog.”

MQ: If you could spend the day with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?

“Mike Massimino- former NASA astronaut.”

MQ: If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?

“Seattle, or somewhere where it rains a lot.”

MQ: What is something most people on campus don’t know about you?

“I was an extra in Spiderman 3 when I was younger. I’ve never been able to find myself in the crowd, but I’m definitely in it.”

MQ: Do you have a story that you’d care to share with us all?

“At the beginning of my senior year of college, I realized I hated my major. I had no idea where I was going to go with it. My whole life I assumed I would just be a doctor. I didn’t know where to go from there. I just knew I didn’t want to do biochemistry anymore. One night, hanging out with a bunch of people in my unit, one of my friends who had previously bartender said that he was going to make drinks. I asked if he could teach me how to make one, and he offered to teach me how to make a tequila sunrise. It was rather simple, but I made a couple for my friends. The feeling was more satisfying than anything I had ever done. He started teaching me how to make more drinks, and I became more and more interested in bartending. I ended up taking a bartending course over winter break and I got a job downtown a few weeks later. I am still learning quite a bit, but I am enjoying it more than any job I have ever done. It is relieving to have some idea of what I’m doing after college. While I might not know where I’m going later in life, at least I have an idea of where I could go next.”

MQ: How do you feel about being nominated as a Campus Cutie?

“Honored. I’d like to thank my girlfriend, my major advisor, and my dog, Kaylee.”

MQ: What would you like to be remembered for?

“Making people laugh and making people happy.”

Be sure to say hi to Aaron if you see him on campus! Reach out to Meg Quint (Meghan.Quint@hws.edu) if you’re interested in being our next Campus Cutie! 

Meg Quint is a first year at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. She plans on majoring in biochemistry with a minor in LGBT studies. Meg plans on earning a to medical degree (M.D.) after graduating from HWS. On campus, Meg participates in the health professions club, the Pride Alliance, and she works in admissions exposing potential students to all HWS has to offer. Meg has always enjoyed writing, meeting new people, and celebrating her peer's achievements. She believes HerCampus will allow her to combine all of these passions resulting in exciting articles for your reading pleasure!