5 Ways to Make Next Semester the Best One Yet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Take the time over Winter Break to get ready for Spring Semester!

1. Get Organized. There will be no better feeling than returning to campus with everything together. Stock up on any new school supplies you need and order some of your textbooks online. Even search around Pinterest for ideas of how to spruce up your room in ways that will keep you organized through the Spring semester.  

2. Refresh Your Closet. Being home is the time to visit all of your favorite stores. If you don’t get something you wanted for the holidays, treat yourself to something special you’ve been eyeing at the mall. Nothing will make you want to return to campus more than a few new outfits to show off!

3. Seriously Relax. Collegiettes, you just went through a semester full of hard work and dedication. You have finally eared the month-long break that everyone has been looking forward to. After the exhaustion of finals week, you can finally rest your brain for a bit and recharge. This is your time to unwind and go into next semester with a calm mindset.

4. Finalize any last minute class problems. When you return back to campus you want everything to be set and ready to begin the semester right. While you are at home be sure to double-check Peoplesoft and see if you have gotten off of any waitlists. Also, see if any of the classes you originally wanted have opened up. Once you do your best to get the classes you want to take you will feel better about classes for the Spring semester.

5. Have a Positive Mindset. Nothing can ruin your next semester more than having a negative attitude. If you enrolled in a notoriously difficult required class stay, optimistic! Your mind is very powerful and you have the ability to either make the best or the worst of it.

It will be a new year and a new semester so take the time to make it great!