5 Steps To Get Back Into the Swing of Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Despite the high temps and sunny skies, school is back in session. After just a few weeks of classes and responsibilities, it can be easy to already feel overwhelmed. You’ve traded in those days of relaxation for ones full of studying and trying to remember what building you’re supposed to be in. Don’t let this get you down! Whether its summer withdrawls or the stress of a busy schedule, these tips can help you cope!

1. Organize yourself: While you won’t have to do this once you settle in, its important to jot down everything you need to do for classes and your daily schedule. Crossing things of your list will make you feel better about getting all of your different tasks done!

2. Get to know your professors: You probably have new proffesors with different teaching styles and requirements. Although most of this can be covered during their syllabus review, it’s a good idea to meet with them one-on-one in the beginning of the semester. This can clear up any confusion and makes a great first impression!

3. Try new things: This can be done in the form of clubs, sports or friends. Whatever you choose, expanding yourself and getting to know new people can make the start of your year more fun! There are so many opportunities on campus that you might not even know about.

4. Occasionally pretend its still summer: Although this is called the “Fall Semester,” the 90 degree weather is making us feel otherwise. Lucky for you, our campus is located on Seneca Lake and is full of open areas. Use these spaces to swim, tan and play frisbee. Before you know it, it will be impossible to set foot outside without freezing!

5. Remember those positive vibes: Its easy to feel overwhelmed by the beginning of the school year, but don’t forget how great it is too! You’re back with your friends, (or making new ones) in a beautiful place with beautiful weather, and your tan hasn’t completely faded…yet. Enjoy the start!