4 Ideas for Anyone on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Valentine’s Day can be one of the most over-hyped holidays of the year. Single people dread the lovey-dovey couples sharing chocolate cake at Halsey’s and gushing over the gifts they got for each other.  Even those in relationships dread the expectations associated with the day.  Not sure what to do come Valentine’s Day this year?  Here are four ideas of ways to spend your V-Day! 

1. Watch a film. Curl up in your bed with a pint of the most loyal men in your life, Ben & Jerry, and Netflix. Whether you are looking for a romantic comedy or thriller, Netflix does no wrong in our eyes.

2. Bake something. Head over to Wegman’s and pick up some dough, cheese, and sauce and make some pizzas. How about cookies? Grab a few ingredients to make cookies to hand out to your friends. Living in a dorm with no oven? Grab a package of sugar cookies, some icing and fun sprinkles and have a cookie decorating party! 

3. Treat yo’ self. Grab a friend, or go alone to iNails for a relaxing day of pampering. Don’t forget to stop at Bagels & Cakes for a large mocha latte for the ride home!  If you’d rather avoid the cold, you can always do a dorm spa treatment. Grab the latest Essie color, scrub your hands and feet with an at home mani- pedi kit while listening to some of your favorite tunes. 

4. Go Out. Grab a group of friends and head out to an evening of laughs and fine dining. Many restaurants fill up fast, so if you and your friends want to go out on Valentine’s Day, make sure you make a reservation early! 

Whatever you do this Valentine’s Day, whether you go out on a date or hang out with some friends, make sure to make the most of it!

Kelsey is senior at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS), where she is pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and American Studies. In addition to being a campus contributor for Her Campus, Kelsey is also a member of the HWS Leads program. She is loves to do yoga and is a Frank Sinatra enthusiast. She hopes to one day work for a major news outlet that focuses on government and politics. She hopes to go into public relations or marketing upon graduating.