This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Humboldt chapter.

Our writers traveled all over the nation for spring break. We headed north to Portland, Ore., south to Death Valley, Calif., and all the way to the East Coast in New York City!

HC Business Manager and writer Vanessa Gonsalves spent her Spring Break in Las Vegas, Nev. with her boyfriend Jacob Stadtfeld. Their adventures in Las Vegas included a night out on the strip, laying by the pool and a visit to the Hoover Dam! The DJ pair known as “Miss and Mister ” also attended and DJ’d at Gonsalves’s aunt’s wedding. | Photo provided by Vanessa Gonsalves

Events Editor Shareen McFall went to the USC University Village 3 theater with her family to watch The Lorax. “My mother used to read this book to me when I was a child,” McFall said, “I had to take my book with me to the theater! It was a great movie, Dr. Seuss is the best!” | Photo provided by Shareen McFall

This brilliant Parrot and seven other attention grabbing friends were a major attraction at the Santa Monica Pier over break. Calendar Editor Shareen McFall was intimidated by the Parrot’s strong beak so she cautiously admired its beauty from a distance. | Shareen McFall

Photo Blog Editor Marie F. Estrada and her boyfriend Chris Crowell spent the last Saturday of break hiking around the Presidio in San Francisco, Calif. | Photo provided by Marie F. Estrada

A view of the Golden Gate on a gray but surprisingly warm day. Many hikers, bikers and tourists were out enjoying the fresh weather and taking photographs of the bridge. | Marie F. Estrada 

Editor-in-Chief Zoe Berman spent the week camping in Death Valley, Calif. with her roommate Everardo Cuevas. The 85 degree weather was a nice change from chilly Arcata. Berman and Cuevas went canyoneering and checked out the lowest point in the northern hemisphere: Badwater Basin… 282 feet below sea level! | Photo provided by Zoe Berman

Berman enjoyed the sunset from he eastern side of the Sierra Nevada mountains. | Zoe Berman

Campus Cuties Editor Candice Oliver enjoying her first trip to the big apple at famed toy store FAO Schwarz in New York, New York. | Photo provided by Candice Oliver

The central pathway of Central Park, also known as “The Mall,” is one of the most popular locations for filming in New York City. | Candice Oliver

Assistant Blog Editor Erin Harris (center) with a group of friends at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, Calif. | Photo provided by Erin Harris

Zoe is a 19-year-old sophomore at Humboldt State University. She is majoring in journalism with minors in graphic design and dance. She is currently the Assistant General Manager and Head of PR for the student-run radio station, KRFH, and the Head Layout Editor for HSU's student newspaper, The Lumberjack. She has also worked as a writer, photographer, and designer for the campus magazine, Osprey. Zoe is ecstatic to be starting HSU's Her Campus branch. With hopes to one day work at a major women's magazine, Her Campus is a step in the right direction. Aside from being an aspiring journalist, Zoe enjoys performing (she's danced for five years, played the cello for 10, and done musical theatre for 12!), bike riding, and painting.
Ella is a student at Humboldt State University majoring in Media Studies with a minor in Music.  She has experience working as the Layout Editor of HSU's magazine, the Osprey.  Her hobbies include playing music (flute), listening to music, swimming, hanging out in the sun, and being friends!