Don’t Forget to Vote!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Humboldt chapter.

Don’t miss your chance to vote in this year’s Associated Students elections. Voting takes place online April 17, 18 and 19. Go to the A.S. webpage for more information and to check out the Voter’s Guide.

Many candidates this semester are running uncontested, including Ellyn Henderson who is up for A.S. President. In her Candidate Statement, Henderson wrote “Every day I’m surrounded by beautiful people and a breathtaking environment; It’s honestly hard not to smile.” Henderson served on the A.S. council this school year, as the College of Natural Resources representative. 

Evan Petillo, on the otherhand, has some competition for the position of College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences representative. There are three positions available, but four students are vying for the spots. 

“This upcoming year there are some very important issues that need to be taken care and when I became aware of these issues, I knew automatically that I would want to take part in the important decision making here at Humboldt State University,” said Petillo in his Candidate Statement.

The college representative positions will not be filled for the College of Natural Resources or the College of Professional Studies.

Zoe is a 19-year-old sophomore at Humboldt State University. She is majoring in journalism with minors in graphic design and dance. She is currently the Assistant General Manager and Head of PR for the student-run radio station, KRFH, and the Head Layout Editor for HSU's student newspaper, The Lumberjack. She has also worked as a writer, photographer, and designer for the campus magazine, Osprey. Zoe is ecstatic to be starting HSU's Her Campus branch. With hopes to one day work at a major women's magazine, Her Campus is a step in the right direction. Aside from being an aspiring journalist, Zoe enjoys performing (she's danced for five years, played the cello for 10, and done musical theatre for 12!), bike riding, and painting.