Big Freedia is ready to put a little “Bounce” in your life… rain or shine.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Humboldt chapter.

The undisputed Queen of Bounce, Big Freedia, is heading all the way from her hometown of New Orleans to The Depot at Humboldt State.  Having already performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and featured in magazines like Spin, Rolling Stone, and FADER, she is promised to make your booty bounce and add some New Orleans swag to your Collegiette living.

Achieving mainstream with “Gin in My System” and “Queen Dive,” Big Freedia has 15 years of musical experience and 45 years of swag under her belt. Her signature sound is Bounce Music, which originated in New Orleans. It is urban music that challenges the fun-loving nature of the New Orleans house scene and dominates the city’s street culture.  

Make sure to stop by The Depot on February 24th  for a musical and cultural experience with your host Big Freedia. Tickets are free for HSU students and are available at the University Center.

Zoe is a 19-year-old sophomore at Humboldt State University. She is majoring in journalism with minors in graphic design and dance. She is currently the Assistant General Manager and Head of PR for the student-run radio station, KRFH, and the Head Layout Editor for HSU's student newspaper, The Lumberjack. She has also worked as a writer, photographer, and designer for the campus magazine, Osprey. Zoe is ecstatic to be starting HSU's Her Campus branch. With hopes to one day work at a major women's magazine, Her Campus is a step in the right direction. Aside from being an aspiring journalist, Zoe enjoys performing (she's danced for five years, played the cello for 10, and done musical theatre for 12!), bike riding, and painting.