gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Valentines Day During a Long Term Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

Valentine’s day is full of flowers, chocolates, and lovey dove actions…well guess what; when you are in a long term relationship, those gestures become less and less each year because you both already know you love each other. Here are some ways you can make Valentine’s special with your other half, and even add a little spice back into the relationship when your significant other is least expecting it.

1. Have a junk food night

Everyone loves having junk food once in a while, so buying your significant other’s favorite junk food is a small but loving gesture that can make its way into anyone’s heart.

2. Write a letter

Okay – many people get embarrassed saying lovey gushy things to their significant other, but writing them a letter saying how you feel and possibly adding a picture of you both can be very impactful.

3. Go on a picnic or a sunset walk

Personally, my boyfriend and I have very busy lives and finding time to spend with each other is very difficult. When we both had a free day, I planned for us to go walking on a sunset walk and have a picnic. This is something we always wanted to do but never had the time to, so planning something like this that is out of the ordinary is always appreciated.

4. Take a walk down memory lane

If you and your significant other has been together for many years, going through pictures and videos of each other is a good way to reminisce of all the happy memories.

Hopefully these money-saving ways to show your significant other how much you love them are inspiring as you make plans for Valentine’s Day!

Mariah is 21-years-old senior at Hawaii Pacific University, majoring in Mass Communication concentrating in Advertising and Public Relations and minoring Marketing. On her free time, she likes to join extra-curricular activities at HPU, go to the beach, and hang out with her friends and family.